You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker 2018/19 Season

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

That Wilson Hawkins match was brilliant. Can see Wilson winning the thing now.Have a few quid on Higgins winning at 16/1. Runner up in last 2 years and if he gets past Bingham he’ll enjoy the longer matches in the later stages 

Two crackers linesman up for tonight. Gonna have Higgins on because I’m a fan but hoping Ding can trump Trump 

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Will Ding ever be World Champ? A lot of pressure from the People's Republic on the lad's shoulders. 

I'm starting to think he has peaked. Obviously he is a top 10 in the world player but his nerve goes far too much. 

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I guess having a billion people watching you on telly would have an effect. But yeah looks like he's peaked.

I quite like Trump these days. Anyone but that Chelsea supporting lettuce chomping Aussie. 

Higgins all the way me mate, have been a big fan since 98. I posted a link to an interview with him a few weeks ago on this thread. Its funny as fuck and a good watch. 

That said, if Bingham makes this 11 all I will be shitting myself. John has had a terrible season. 

This is the most wide open World Championship I can remember. 

Trump vs Ding would've graced any final, shame one of them had to go out now.

I'm hoping for a Higgins win, but he's still struggling for form and Bingham won't go away.

Robertson looks to be playing well, but I think that was more to do with Murphy being terrible.

Trump is the bookies favourite and if he's ever going to win it, this is his best chance.

It's been up and down with shocks all round, I'd say the quality has been down on previous years, but it being wide open adds to the overall spectacle.

Maguire is still a fucking oaf. Every time I see the cunt I think "get a fucking shave, lose 3 stone and get a tie on you fucking lump".

I'm not sure how the draw pans out, but a Trump - Robertson final would be a good watch.

A Trump/Higgins final would be brilliant. 

Maguire always looks like he is on the piss. Not hungover but actually on the piss. Mid bender. 

He struggled badly the other night against Cahill. Ok he came back to win the next day but he missed so many balls (Friday night session I think it was) that if he had lost it would have been investigated for sure. Defo got Vodka in that water. Or turps. Fair play to him. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Shocking standard for a WC semi. Makes for an interesting game, but still. 

John is pulling a Ronnie. He has had a bad season but this tournament he has played decent. If Higgins goes out I want a Gilbert/Wilson final. Trump winning this without having to beat a top player (part from ding) would be a travesty.