You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker 2018/19 Season

Bjornebye

46 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Yeh another Robertson / Ronnie final for me too 

Im growing to really like Robertson. Kind of want fatty to win so I can throw ins of lager at the telly and shout "go on Ronnie" overtime fatty misses his chair when he tries to sit in it the fucking tellytubby

3 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I've been backing him every year for about five years for SPOTY. 50/1 this year... I think he can get on the list tbh, he's a certainty to get on it if he wins the World Championship 

Any justice and he would have won it a couple of time already. Top of the game for 20 odd years and arguably the best of all time. BBC are utter fuckwits.

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Any justice and he would have won it a couple of time already. Top of the game for 20 odd years and arguably the best of all time. BBC are utter fuckwits.

Phil Taylor eventually got on the list and finished in the top 3, despite PDC darts not being on the BBC.  If Ronnie gets on he'll make the top 3, I reckon. 

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Arguably? Hendry, the two Higgins, Davis are the only players who come close in the slightest. 

Tell you that though, if he sorts his head out, Trump is the most likely to challenge him. He got a lesson last night but he has been the best player on the tour this year. Ronnie had a bit of luck last night when normally you would just say Ronnie just fancied it. Ronnie has a habit at 6:2 down or when things aren't going his way to just give up and start being a dick. When he wants to play though, its laughable. He just takes the piss. Only John Higgins has ever had Ronnie scared. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Is it just me or is Phil Yates an annoying boring dick .  Like Foulds and the others are OK but Yates is a really shit snooker nerd 

Nothing wrong with a snooker nerd. I actually don't really like Foulds. he doesn't offer anything of value and was a shit player anyway. How he was once world number 3 is beyond me. At least with McManus and Hendry you get some proper insight. McManus in the commentary box is great because he sees things only the top players see. 

Surprisingly Dominic Dale (Whose face is the most annoying face ever) was good the other week with his punditry. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nothing wrong with a snooker nerd. I actually don't really like Foulds. he doesn't offer anything of value and was a shit player anyway. How he was once world number 3 is beyond me. At least with McManus and Hendry you get some proper insight. McManus in the commentary box is great because he sees things only the top players see. 

Surprisingly Dominic Dale (Whose face is the most annoying face ever) was good the other week with his punditry. 

Yeh  McManus ( if you can understand his accent !) and Hendry are switched on.  Sorry Yates despite his nerdiness annoys the shit out of me.