Quantcast
Songs that always seem to play when dust gets in your eye - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Songs that always seem to play when dust gets in your eye

The living Years, Mike and the mechanics, my best mate died around the time it was out, always brings the memories back. As does Fairytale of New York for the same reason. Happy Xmas, John Lennon,  for the boss Xmas’s past, as a kid and, later on, boss Xmas nights out with all the lads when we didn’t have a care in the World. Quite a few Xmas songs get me. Band Aid, Jonah Luis, Johnny Mathis, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, transfers me a place where everything was just so simple and happy. Good times. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If I happen to see the video for Hurt by Johnny Cash while intoxicated I risk death by dehydration.

First song I thought of. Not because it reminds me of any specific bad times, but because you can hear the remorse in his voice. It might be a cover rather than his original work, but the words just fit him perfectly somehow.

Best get yourself a (non alcoholic) drink mate.

• Upvote 1

I get a load's of dust in my eyes lately.

Remember watching this as a kid and not quite understanding the ending.. quite relevent now though and with Joan Baez singing...wow.

Hearing one of my sons sing this with his class when he was about 7 years old thinking "Dont Blink, Dont Blink" as my wife sobbed along with all the other mothers.

• Upvote 1