Quantcast
Burnley (A) 5/12/18 - Page 28 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Bjornebye

Burnley (A) 5/12/18

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's still sinking in that we made 7 changes from one league game to the next and we won both games.

Is that who we are now?  The kind of squad who can do that?

If so, I approve.

Against Burnley, yes.

16 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Against Burnley, yes.

But isn't that the point? That you can make changes against sides lower in the league when you have tougher games coming up? Isn't that what other sides do? Us, City and Chelsea all made changes for the games over the 4th/5th.

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

But isn't that the point? That you can make changes against sides lower in the league when you have tougher games coming up? Isn't that what other sides do? Us, City and Chelsea all made changes for the games over the 4th/5th.

Yes, of course. It's obviously quite difficult to define whether we can categorically do that now or not. Burnley are absolutely shite. I don't think it would take much (couple of signings) for us to be able to do that against 60%/70% of the league, such is the generally low standard of most of the league's teams.

Now though? I don't know who else we could have put that side out against and beaten. The bottom five maybe? Maybe six? If so, that's probably good enough.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, of course. It's obviously quite difficult to define whether we can categorically do that now or not. Burnley are absolutely shite. I don't think it would take much (couple of signings) for us to be able to do that against 60%/70% of the league, such is the generally low standard of most of the league's teams.

Now though? I don't know who else we could have put that side out against and beaten. The bottom five maybe? Maybe six? If so, that's probably good enough.

I guess our first eleven, on current form, would’ve won 8-9 out of 10 games away at the current version of Burnley.

Whereas the team we fielded yesterday would win 4-5 out of 10. 

Extremely happy that we managed the three points yesterday, and as mentioned by others I dont think we had much choice other than rotate.

But still this game also proved serious lack of quality cover in a few positions.

42 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Add one true threat upfront instead of one of Origi/Sturridge and we could do anyone outside the top 8 with that side

Anyone outside the four other teams in the top five probably. As you allude to, the problem at the moment is the back up to our front three. Wilson would probably be more useful than Sturridge, Solanke, Origi, and the lesser spotted Markovic.

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I should have realised when Milner scored we’d be ok, because he’s never lost a game when he scores does he? Amazing record that.

5 hours ago, suzy said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I should have realised when Milner scored we’d be ok, because he’s never lost a game when he scores does he? Amazing record that.

Apparently that was true of their scorer until this game, too.

He’d won 17 and drawn 2 in games he’d scored in.

5 hours ago, suzy said:

16 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Apparently that was true of their scorer until this game, too.

He’d won 17 and drawn 2 in games he’d scored in.

Cenk Tosun, on the other hand...