You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) 5/12/18

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Skaro said:

Temple Bar on a school night.  

The hard yards.

Deaperate times and all that.

Birra Moretti for 5.50 as well, that's pretty reasonable for Temple Bar. Very reasonable, in fact.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People really can see what they want to see: 

"A huge error by £67 million ($75 million) goalkeeper Alisson Becker was at fault for Burnley’s shock opener when Jack Cork bundled home after the Brazilian fumbled in the wet conditions."

2 hours ago, A_S said:

"A huge error by £67 million ($75 million) goalkeeper Alisson Becker was at fault for Burnley’s shock opener when Jack Cork bundled home after the Brazilian fumbled in the wet conditions."

When Burnley scored Stelling came out with something along the lines "he is prone to making errors and he's just made a big one there". 

3 hours ago, A_S said:

Want to see a huge error?

Go and watch Chelsea world record goalkeeper last night.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Not really, two big lumps.

I was just joshing really because we had Sturridge and Origi both in the team.

Sorry I meant Origi and Studge, did they play well? Just finished MOTD, some nice touches from Sturridge, but didn’t see much of the Belgian.

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

When Burnley scored Stelling came out with something along the lines "he is prone to making errors and he's just made a big one there". 

Did he really? 

It's funny, on Monday morning on sky sports news the female presenter said, and I quote 

"apologies to Jordan pickford, but we have to show his mistake again. However he's not the first keeper in the Derby to make a blunder" they then proceeded to show an old blunder by Reina. 

Can you fucking believe that

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

How bad did Joe’s injury look?

“I’m pretty sure I don’t make a lot of friends, but that’s not my job,” said the Reds boss.

“I said after the first challenge, I don’t know who did it, a sliding tackle from six/seven yards, getting the ball, everybody likes it, I said to the ref ‘it’s no foul but please tell them you cannot do that’.

“Nobody can judge that. You get the ball, nice, but it’s like bowling because you get the player as well. It happened four or five times, everybody likes it, but Joe is injured, and probably not only a little bit.

“We don’t know (how bad) at the moment, we sent him home so we have to see, but it’s his ankle yes.”

43 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Sorry I meant Origi and Studge, did they play well? Just finished MOTD, some nice touches from Sturridge, but didn’t see much of the Belgian.

Origi was a bit wider, with Shaqiri on the other side so it wasn’t a front two.

Both generally poor, but each set up a goal, so can’t complain about that.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

“I’m pretty sure I don’t make a lot of friends, but that’s not my job,” said the Reds boss.

“I said after the first challenge, I don’t know who did it, a sliding tackle from six/seven yards, getting the ball, everybody likes it, I said to the ref ‘it’s no foul but please tell them you cannot do that’.

“Nobody can judge that. You get the ball, nice, but it’s like bowling because you get the player as well. It happened four or five times, everybody likes it, but Joe is injured, and probably not only a little bit.

“We don’t know (how bad) at the moment, we sent him home so we have to see, but it’s his ankle yes.”

Yeah a pretty innocuous challenge it looked like from the highlights. Hopefully he’s okay. 

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah a pretty innocuous challenge it looked like from the highlights. Hopefully he’s okay. 

It was a bit strong, I wondered when I saw the replay whether it was a two footed challenge as Gomez was taken down pretty strongly.

I thought Sturbridge was excellent overall, but did his best work away from the danger area, unfortunately.

the way he’s been using the ball this year when he’s played to bring others into play has been something I wouldn’t attribute to him previously

44 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I thought Sturbridge was excellent overall, but did his best work away from the danger area, unfortunately.

the way he’s been using the ball this year when he’s played to bring others into play has been something I wouldn’t attribute to him previously

I agree with this, although sometimes he is so unpredictablity is not only confusing to the opposition but also to his own teammates who don't know what he is doing next. 

Loads of lovely flicks, dummies and faints that resulted in nothing as they weren't expected but some things did come off well. He struggles to press too which earlier in his career I think he would have relished and really benefitted from. 

17 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I agree with this, although sometimes he is so unpredictablity is not only confusing to the opposition but also to his own teammates who don't know what he is doing next. 

Loads of lovely flicks, dummies and faints that resulted in nothing as they weren't expected but some things did come off well. He struggles to press too which earlier in his career I think he would have relished and really benefitted from. 

Agree with that, but specifically his passing (and vision with it) is a real positive at the moment.

clearly he’s a step down from our best attacking line up, but I wanted rid of him two seasons ago and am just pleasantly surprised that I can now consider him a role player and an asset.