You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) 5/12/18

Bjornebye

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Skaro said:

Mate, occasionally Salah/Firmino/Mane etc are going to start on the bench.

It more a footballing fact of life than running a risk and hoping to get away with it... it's a reality, when you haven't got enough oil money to buy two teams.

We have to find better/more similar so we can play our normal game back up.

Get that sorted and we won't see such a drop off when they don't play and then we are really laughing...not easy but we have to get better cover.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

David Silva and Fernandinho — the crux of that side — have a lot of miles on their legs. Hang in until the second half of the season and see what happens 

Fully expecting them to splash out in January, I reckon they’ll defo get a midfielder as they wanted one in the summer.

They may also have an eye on this possible UEFA investigation that Ceferin was talking about last week on their FFP cheating, as they may get a transfer ban as a possible punishment. 

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Get that sorted and we won't see such a drop off when they don't play and then we are really laughing...not easy but we have to get better cover.

Yes.  We do.  But it is what it is for now... so we have to live with it.

17 minutes ago, Captain said:

That's not getting away with it.

Like I said, starting the forwards he did tonight was.

Fingers crossed, it'll be a long time before we see those three leading our attack.

It's way more of a risk to start your important players every single game during the busy periods of the season than going with a few backups in a game here or there. That's been proven time and time again. 

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

From what he said in the presser Klopp took Dyche to task over reckless challenges ,

Gomez has done his ankle . " Not small injury" according to Klopp .  Bad 

Bugger, has no luck that lad!

Can't believe Milner, he's like a Rolls Royce, shows how good City's squad is that they can let a player like that go on a free!

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

Thought Alisson,  Big Virg and Naby were excellent. 

Shame about Joey Gomez though, hope it's nothing serious. 

Massive blow if he is out for an extended period.

Obviously he has formed a boss partnership with VVD but he also does a good job when TAA needs taking out the side from time to time as he learns his trade.

Would be really bad loss

just watched us on MOTD.

Regarding their goal, how exactly was that not deemed offside? the guy that went for it, but missed by a heirs breath was miles off, then to add insult to injury, the ball was kicked out of Alissons hands, not hand, but hands!!!!!!

thats now 2 goals my man crush has been cruelly given against him that shouldnt have been.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

A lot of people want us to buy somebody a bit different, who can act as a plan B for when we struggle to break teams down. 

I'm in the camp of wanting us to double down on plan A, it's what we are good at, and it's what we are even better at when we have a front line that is healthy and 100% fit. This is why I was excited about the Shaqiri signing, a bargain player who slots in most of the attacking positions and does a decent job. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

just watched us on MOTD.

Regarding their goal, how exactly was that not deemed offside? the guy that went for it, but missed by a heirs breath was miles off, then to add insult to injury, the ball was kicked out of Alissons hands, not hand, but hands!!!!!!

thats now 2 goals my man crush has been cruelly given against him that shouldnt have been.

I've not seen a still shot across the whole line for that yet. Funnily enough I didn't see too much analysis of it live either. 

Much obliged to anyone if they can find it. 

18 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Pretty much my thoughts. 

A lot of people want us to buy somebody a bit different, who can act as a plan B for when we struggle to break teams down. 

I'm in the camp of wanting us to double down on plan A, it's what we are good at, and it's what we are even better at when we have a front line that is healthy and 100% fit. This is why I was excited about the Shaqiri signing, a bargain player who slots in most of the attacking positions and does a decent job. 

Agreed!

That was really impressive, I thought. First half was flat but I thought we were excellent second half. We played some excellent stuff up to their goal, and kept the same rhythm afterwards. Speaking of, their goal was a travesty. There was two fouls against us leading up to the corner and then the Burnley lad kicked it out of Allison's hands.

Allison and Keita were particularly good. The former showed himself to be the anti-Mig. Solid as usual and utilised some quick thinking to send us away for third goal. The days of seething over the Belgian Pear ruining a great counter attacking opportunity by breast feeding the ball are over. Naby did what we all expected him to be capable of. Took the ball on in tight spaces, Carried it in on with confidence and almost scored a goal for the ages with his left foot.

We had to go to five different pubs in Dublin to find a place that was showing it, but all our wandering paid off. Some nice pints and an even nicer three points - that's what I call a good evening.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Em City said:

That was really impressive, I thought. First half was flat but I thought we were excellent second half. We played some excellent stuff up to their goal, and kept the same rhythm afterwards. Speaking of, their goal was a travesty. There was two fouls against us leading up to the corner and then the Burnley lad kicked it out of Allison's hands.

Allison and Keita were particularly good. The former showed himself to be the anti-Mig. Solid as usual and utilised some quick thinking to send us away for third goal. The days of seething over the Belgian Pear ruining a great counter attacking opportunity by breast feeding the ball are over. Naby did what we all expected him to be capable of. Took the ball on in tight spaces, Carried it in on with confidence and almost scored a goal for the ages with his left foot.

We had to go to five different pubs in Dublin to find a place that was showing it, but all our wandering paid off. Some nice pints and an even nicer three points - that's what I call a good evening.

where in Dublin did you end up watching it?

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

where in Dublin did you end up watching it?

Buskers in Temple Bar. We originally went to Sinnots where they had it on one screen, but the place was jammed so we decided to seek another place. We then proceeded to Harry's, The Duke, O' Neills and Trinity Bar but all of them were only playing the United-Arsenal game, before we eventually found a spot in Buskers. Like I said, bit of a trek but probably worth it as we got a seat in the end.

Besides, Sinnots has some bad vibes for me after last May's final.

4 minutes ago, Em City said:

Buskers in Temple Bar. We originally went to Sinnots where they had it on one screen, but the place was jammed so we decided to seek another place. We then proceeded to Harry's, The Duke, O' Neills and Trinity Bar but all of them were only playing the United-Arsenal game, before we eventually found a spot in Buskers. Like I said, bit of a trek but probably worth it as we got a seat in the end.

Besides, Sinnots has some bad vibes for me after last May's final.

Temple Bar on a school night.  

The hard yards.

1 hour ago, Skaro said:

Mate, occasionally Salah/Firmino/Mane etc are going to start on the bench.

It more a footballing fact of life than running a risk and hoping to get away with it... it's a reality, when you haven't got enough oil money to buy two teams.

Absolutely, hopefully not all three at once next time.

• Like 1