You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) 5/12/18

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, moof said:

Aye. It’s hard to stomach alright. But we absolutely can’t fault what the lads are doing right now (a few dodgy European performances aside) it’s fucking unprecedented stuff 

Absolutely.

Great to see - but fuck sake if it yields us nothing in terms of winning titles then it is hard to take...lets hope we can stick in and if we get a glimmer take it 

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s some incredible tactics going on at the moment from Klopp and the team, who may have seen how many titles have been won by past teams simply by winning games. 6-0 or 1-0 it’s like the same points. We had plaudits last season but mourinhos United had more points. We are now a different prospect, mean and efficient.

2 minutes ago, moof said:

Aye. It’s hard to stomach alright. But we absolutely can’t fault what the lads are doing right now (a few dodgy European performances aside) it’s fucking unprecedented stuff 

Once the draw was announced for the CL, you'd have taken just getting out of that group, even in 2nd place. So all those losses could still amount to very little with a satisfactory result against Napoli next week. Basically, I'm glad all the losses have been concentrated within the cups.

Being somewhat pragmatic for a second, if you're not winning the cup, then being out of it at the earliest possible stage is the next best thing. And if there is a club that doesn't need the experience of 'just' making cup finals right now, it is Liverpool. So maybe, just maybe, that Chelsea loss could potentially be a bit of a blessing in disguise. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

After 15 games last season...

1.  City        43pts

2.  Utd.        35pts

3.  Chelsea   32 pts

4.  Us          29 pts

This season

1.  City        41 pts

2.  Us          39 pts

3.  Spurs      33 pts

4.  Chelsea   31 pts

We're not doing bad, like.

1 minute ago, Skaro said:

Klopp got away with what he did tonight, in spades.

Key players got varying degrees of rest.

Well managed I'd have thought.

It's only well managed if we win 5-0 without leaving second gear against one of the best sides in the world, whilst playing 3 or 4 squad players on a rainy Tuesday in Stoke.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Absolutely.

Great to see - but fuck sake if it yields us nothing in terms of winning titles then it is hard to take...lets hope we can stick in and if we get a glimmer take it 

City are a step ahead of us. There is no shame losing the title to a team with that squad. I know it is dangerously close to being "winners without winning", but watching us these days is really a joy. Klopp really is a revelation. Long may it continue.

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

1.  City        43pts

2.  Utd.        35pts

3.  Chelsea   32 pts

4.  Us          29 pts

This season

1.  City        41 pts

2.  Us          39 pts

3.  Spurs      33 pts

4.  Chelsea   31 pts

And perhaps something that needs to obversely be acknowledged, is that we are pulling away from the next best team.

6 points clear.  Outstanding, to use a Rodgersism.

4 minutes ago, Skaro said:

Klopp got away with what he did tonight, in spades.

Key players got varying degrees of rest.

Well managed I'd have thought.

Indeed.

If he'd have played a full-strength team tonight and they were left running on fumes against Napoli and the Mancs, we'd all be calling him fit to burn - and rightly so.  We now have a squad which we can afford to rotate.

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

City are a step ahead of us. There is no shame losing the title to a team with that squad. I know it is dangerously close to being "winners without winning", but watching us these days is really a joy. Klopp really is a revelation. Long may it continue.

No shame at all...just deeply irritating that we are possibly gonna put in a season that would win the league in any other time but are up against a financially doped to fuck shower of cheating bastards who have changed the game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

No shame at all...just deeply irritating that we are possibly gonna put in a season that would win the league in any other time but are up against a financially doped to fuck shower of cheating bastards who have changed the game.

Even cash-doped showers can come a cropper if the wrong shit gets into their heads.

I'd say it's almost getting to the stage where we're getting into their heads.

We could go top after our next game and it's now December.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

1.  City        43pts

2.  Utd.        35pts

3.  Chelsea   32 pts

4.  Us          29 pts

This season

1.  City        41 pts

2.  Us          39 pts

3.  Spurs      33 pts

4.  Chelsea   31 pts

The US should never be in the BPL it’s capitalism gone mad, FSG OUT I say, 

boycott the red sox

ok good night 

5 minutes ago, Skaro said:

Even cash-doped showers can come a cropper if the wrong shit gets into their heads.

I'd say it's almost getting to the stage where we're getting into their heads.

We could go top after our next game and it's now December.

Aye...all we can do is keep doing the business.

Hopefully teams will start showing some backbone v them too 

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Aye...all we can do is keep doing the business.

Hopefully teams will start showing some backbone v them too 

They virtually have 2 teams... but under real pressure, like anyone no matter how good, they still have a mental fragility - as evidenced by the quarter final in the ECL last term.

Staying right up their arse, within a game, until we play them again... it might come down to mentality and not just talent/depth.

Oh, and luck too of course.

For instance, I'd say our mentality - as much as our talent/depth - has been more to the fore this season.

14 minutes ago, Skaro said:

W 12 D 3 L 0

If that's getting away with it, we might even get away with the League.

That's not getting away with it.

Like I said, starting the forwards he did tonight was.

Fingers crossed, it'll be a long time before we see those three leading our attack.

4 minutes ago, Captain said:

That's not getting away with it.

Like I said, starting the forwards he did tonight was.

Fingers crossed, it'll be a long time before we see those three leading our attack.

Mate, occasionally Salah/Firmino/Mane etc are going to start on the bench.

It more a footballing fact of life than running a risk and hoping to get away with it... it's a reality, when you haven't got enough oil money to buy two teams.

6 minutes ago, Skaro said:

They virtually have 2 teams... but under real pressure, like anyone no matter how good, they still have a mental fragility - as evidenced by the last 8 games in the ECL last term.

Staying right up their arse, within a game, until we play them again... it might come down to mentality and not just talent/depth.

Oh, and luck too of course.

For instance, I'd say our mentality - as much as our talent/depth - has been more to the fore this season.

All decent points there....no argument here.

All we can do is keep getting results and see