You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (A) 5/12/18

Bjornebye

I think Klopp will go with Lovren at CB and GomezRB to deal with the high balls myself. 

I think he will go

-------------------Alisson

Gomez--Lovren--VVD--Moreno

---------Milner--Gini--Henderson

Salah----Firmino/Sturridge---Shaqiri 

I'd like to see

-------------------Alisson

TAA--Gomez--VVD--Milner 

------------Fabinho--Gini

--------------------Keita

Salah---------Origi---------Shaqiri

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fucks sake just realised the Bournemouth game is early KO Saturday.

So that is late KO Sunday, Weds night and Early KO Saturday - an absolute bastard of a schedule.

At least we get the chance to play before City though.

They've put the pressure on us now two games running. Be nice to be top before they head away to Chelsea.

32 minutes ago, byrnie said:

At least we get the chance to play before City though.

They've put the pressure on us now two games running. Be nice to be top before they head away to Chelsea.

Reasonable point - the game Saturday worries me, we are often rubbish at the end of 3 game weeks and especially in early kick offs.

It is next to no turnaround time at all finishing a game on a Weds night in Burnley and then kicking off one at midday in Bournemouth on Saturday, and with a massive shit or bust European Cup game on the Tuesday looming.

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

Reasonable point - the game Saturday worries me, we are often rubbish at the end of 3 game weeks and especially in early kick offs.

It is next to no turnaround time at all finishing a game on a Weds night in Burnley and then kicking off one at midday in Bournemouth on Saturday, and with a massive shit or bust European Cup game on the Tuesday looming.

The fact that the CL game is shit or bust is the fault of nobody but ourselves so I have little sympathy considering that performance in Belgrade or the team selected for it.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The fact that the CL game is shit or bust is the fault of nobody but ourselves so I have little sympathy considering that performance in Belgrade or the team selected for it.

Absolutely - totally our own fault.

I do however question how helpful it is from the PL to put in a round of midweek games the week before the final round of European Cup games.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, an tha said:

Absolutely - totally our own fault.

I do however question how helpful it is from the PL to put in a round of midweek games the week before the final round of European Cup games.

Even when we were the most successful team in Europe the footballing authorities never gave a shit. I can't see them starting to care now.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Even when we were the most successful team in Europe the footballing authorities never gave a shit. I can't see them starting to care now.

I know.

The point stands generally though for all the teams from this league.

You don't see a round of Serie A or Bundelsiga fixtures this midweek.

Anyway i know we have to get on with it and that is what a squad is for.

Moreno will play as he is in the squad as back-up LB and I can't see Jurgen messing him about. I reckon Trent gets another rest as we go for extra height. 

Rotation in midfield so Milner, Henderson and Keita.  

Salah, Firmino and either Origi or Sturridge (hopefully Origi because we'll miss Mane's pace).  

Burnley are terrible. We are good.

As long as it's not VVD resting (and he IS going to have to rest one of these games) we should be fine. I mean, we can always lose to an unlucky bounce or something but in terms of actual quality we are miles better than them, even with Moreno and Origi playing.

• Upvote 1