Quantcast
Liverpool 1 Everton 0 (Dec 2 2018) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Liverpool 1 Everton 0 (Dec 2 2018)

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Great comedy is all about timing. That explains why this was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. In fact, can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. I'm laughing now as I type.

We’ve had more than our fair share of last gasp derby winners to leave the Blues devastated and heart broken and usually my reaction to them is just to celebrate and go nuts. This was different. For a couple of seconds I went mad, euphorically jumping around in jubilation as you do. Then I just stood there laughing. Uncontrollably. To the point that my stomach began to hurt.

I’m still laughing now and will be for a good while yet. It doesn’t get much better than that, and I doubt we’ll ever see an ending that funny ever again. This was an all timer, make no mistake. It's all about the timing, you see. 

A chant of “Murderers” echoed out from the away end. Purple smoke billowed out too, from flares that had been let off by Evertonians to celebrate what they thought was a famous draw. Trent played a hopeful ball into the box, Everton cleared it and the game looked to be over when Van Dijk tried a ridiculously ambitious volley that ballooned straight up into the air towards the Kop.

Virgil turned away in disgust and my frustration spilled over as I yelled “what the fuck was that!”. And then it happened. Perhaps the best moment in Merseyside Derby history. If not the best, certainly the funniest.

The ball began dropping down out of orbit and it became apparent that maybe it might just stay in play. Yep, it’s going to drop on the bar so we could get a corner out of this. Wait, what the fuck? It’s bouncing on the bar! There’s Divock, could he…. YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Un-fuckin-believable. No wonder they hate us. Imagine having to deal with what they’ve had to deal with. No wins at Anfield since 1999 and so many last gasp goals home and away to leave them broken hearted. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

I heard that “Murderers” chant and saw them throwing stuff at Trent. That Richarlison cunt (I was first on that bandwagon, I hated him even when he was at Watford) had tried to start a scuffle with Gomez to waste more time, and it gave the rabid Blue hordes the opportunity to spew their bile.

“Come on Reds, one last chance here. Fucking shut these pricks up” I held out little hope, but that was the thought I had when Trent prepared to take the free-kick. Little could I have imagined what was to follow. A freak winning goal in the time added on after added time because of all the time they had wasted. Poetic that.

This is just a teaser, click to view full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 6

Enjoyed the fact that MotD made absolutely nothing out of the Klopp incident. That will have increased the fume.

4 minutes was generous, then they started wasting even more time. Didn't Gana go down for ages in stoppage time. Mané kept hitting him on the back of the head telling him to get up. 

Those two are mates but when its the derby there's always needle between them, I love it.

Thoroughly enjoyed Robbo charging into Richarlson while he was on his knees off the pitch, the little tyke.

• Upvote 2

Totally agree about Origi. Timing is everyting, and maybe the timing is just right for him to grasp the nettle.

20 minutes ago, dave u said:

4 minutes was generous, then they started wasting even more time. Didn't Gana go down for ages in stoppage time. Mané kept hitting him on the back of the head telling him to get up. 

Those two are mates but when its the derby there's always needle between them, I love it.

I think i checked the clock when he went down and it was over a minute before the ball was back in play.

• Upvote 1

What was brilliant is that they've been dining out on the Karius mistake for months and going on and on about having England's number one ...blah blah blah....

Don't think they'll be as quick to bring it up now

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Robbo charging into Richarlson while he was on his knees off the pitch, the little tyke.

That was great. He knew exactly what he was doing and turned quickly to leave the scene. Nice one, Robbo.

Overall 3 points is great but we were utter gash again. The back 4 and keeper are the only players doing anything of note these days. It's very worrying.

• Upvote 1

Topping the Gary Mac derby? I don't know. Maybe it happening at Anfield, and in front of the Kop, makes it better. As the old saying about a selection dilemma goes, it's a nice problem to have.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell a thing of beauty, the way he retrieves the ball from behind the cross bar without it even going out. Takes some skill.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That was great. He knew exactly what he was doing and turned quickly to leave the scene. Nice one, Robbo.

Overall 3 points is great but we were utter gash again. The back 4 and keeper are the only players doing anything of note these days. It's very worrying.

We created at least four clear cut chances before the goal and a bunch of decent half chances as well. We were not even close to "utter gash". Utter gash was PSG, Red Star, Napoli and Huddersfield away, not this. 

• Upvote 1

Apart from the finishing I thought we played fairly well against a decent side and were comfortably the better  side overall.  Still nowhere near our best but a lot better than some games this season. 

• Upvote 1

We need to keep salah out wide put Bobby back as a number 9. Whatever it is we seem to be trying to achieve has dulled our sharpness. We bought Allison have VVD and now fabinho, kieta and shaquiri I don't see why we can't do what we did last season but with better options. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alisson showing great class at the end, consoling Pickford. In a similar vein to VVD consoling the bereaved ref the other week. And yet, collectively LFC referred to as murderers......nice

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, A_S said:

Liverpool supporters these last 24 hours:

8db.gif

"What was I laughing at again? Oh yes, that crippled, short-armed Englishman."

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Enjoyed the fact that MotD made absolutely nothing out of the Klopp incident. That will have increased the fume.

Every other BBC outlet, however, is going to town over it. Don't remember them getting so wound up over Ramos' antics which helped prevent and ENGLISH club win the CL or even the appalling antics of PSG last week. Any mention anywhere of the flares and other missiles thrown on the pitch yesterday? 

• Upvote 1

Just talking with my lad before reading the match report and we both said Origi should start on Wednesday what have we got to lose , top report as usual Dave 

• Upvote 1