You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 1 Everton 0 (Dec 2 2018)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

Great comedy is all about timing. That explains why this was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. In fact, can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard. I'm laughing now as I type.

We’ve had more than our fair share of last gasp derby winners to leave the Blues devastated and heart broken and usually my reaction to them is just to celebrate and go nuts. This was different. For a couple of seconds I went mad, euphorically jumping around in jubilation as you do. Then I just stood there laughing. Uncontrollably. To the point that my stomach began to hurt.

I’m still laughing now and will be for a good while yet. It doesn’t get much better than that, and I doubt we’ll ever see an ending that funny ever again. This was an all timer, make no mistake. It's all about the timing, you see. 

A chant of “Murderers” echoed out from the away end. Purple smoke billowed out too, from flares that had been let off by Evertonians to celebrate what they thought was a famous draw. Trent played a hopeful ball into the box, Everton cleared it and the game looked to be over when Van Dijk tried a ridiculously ambitious volley that ballooned straight up into the air towards the Kop.

Virgil turned away in disgust and my frustration spilled over as I yelled “what the fuck was that!”. And then it happened. Perhaps the best moment in Merseyside Derby history. If not the best, certainly the funniest.

The ball began dropping down out of orbit and it became apparent that maybe it might just stay in play. Yep, it’s going to drop on the bar so we could get a corner out of this. Wait, what the fuck? It’s bouncing on the bar! There’s Divock, could he…. YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Un-fuckin-believable. No wonder they hate us. Imagine having to deal with what they’ve had to deal with. No wins at Anfield since 1999 and so many last gasp goals home and away to leave them broken hearted. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost.

I heard that “Murderers” chant and saw them throwing stuff at Trent. That Richarlison cunt (I was first on that bandwagon, I hated him even when he was at Watford) had tried to start a scuffle with Gomez to waste more time, and it gave the rabid Blue hordes the opportunity to spew their bile.

“Come on Reds, one last chance here. Fucking shut these pricks up” I held out little hope, but that was the thought I had when Trent prepared to take the free-kick. Little could I have imagined what was to follow. A freak winning goal in the time added on after added time because of all the time they had wasted. Poetic that.

This is just a teaser, click to view full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes was generous, then they started wasting even more time. Didn't Gana go down for ages in stoppage time. Mané kept hitting him on the back of the head telling him to get up. 

Those two are mates but when its the derby there's always needle between them, I love it.

20 minutes ago, dave u said:

4 minutes was generous, then they started wasting even more time. Didn't Gana go down for ages in stoppage time. Mané kept hitting him on the back of the head telling him to get up. 

Those two are mates but when its the derby there's always needle between them, I love it.

I think i checked the clock when he went down and it was over a minute before the ball was back in play.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Robbo charging into Richarlson while he was on his knees off the pitch, the little tyke.

That was great. He knew exactly what he was doing and turned quickly to leave the scene. Nice one, Robbo.

Overall 3 points is great but we were utter gash again. The back 4 and keeper are the only players doing anything of note these days. It's very worrying.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That was great. He knew exactly what he was doing and turned quickly to leave the scene. Nice one, Robbo.

Overall 3 points is great but we were utter gash again. The back 4 and keeper are the only players doing anything of note these days. It's very worrying.

We created at least four clear cut chances before the goal and a bunch of decent half chances as well. We were not even close to "utter gash". Utter gash was PSG, Red Star, Napoli and Huddersfield away, not this. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Enjoyed the fact that MotD made absolutely nothing out of the Klopp incident. That will have increased the fume.

Every other BBC outlet, however, is going to town over it. Don't remember them getting so wound up over Ramos' antics which helped prevent and ENGLISH club win the CL or even the appalling antics of PSG last week. Any mention anywhere of the flares and other missiles thrown on the pitch yesterday? 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
  • dave u unpinned this topic