You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Nov 24-26 2018)

tlw content

Spurs battered Chelsea at Wembley to inflict a first league defeat of the campaign on Sarri’s men. That leaves us and City as the last of the undefeated, although it doesn’t really feel like it given how we’re continually being beaten like a red headed step son in Europe.

Spurs went ahead when Alli headed in an Eriksen free-kick. Very little has been said about it but that free-kick was awarded out wide after an outrageous dive by Kane, who went airborne after what was at most extremely minimal contact from David Luiz. 

Chelsea had further cause to be aggrieved when Martin Atkinson somehow failed to spot that Hazard was fouled in the box by that Spurs centre back who no-one has heard of. He’s shite him, he’s made big mistakes every time I’ve seen him. The defender I mean, not Martin Atkinson, although the same applies to him obviously.

Hazard went down again soon after and again Atkinson was unimpressed. He was looking for it this time, but it could easily have been given and probably should have been, if only to make up for the staggering shit decision to not give him the earlier one. 

Ordinarily I’d have no sympathy for Hazard, who loves a dive, but a draw would have been the better result for us here and a penalty at that point would have changed the game.

Instead, Spurs went down the other end and Kane made it 2-0 with a shot from distance that the world’s most expensive keeper just stood and watched go into his net. Shite that. Never even made an attempt to save it and it wasn’t even that good a shot.

The lively Son made it 3-0 with what initially looked like a brilliant solo effort. A lot of the shine is taken off it though when you look at who he beat. Jorginho was pulling two caravans and Sideshow Bob was in Krusty the Clown mode all day. 

This reminded me of when everyone was creaming themselves over the goal Hazard scored against us at Anfield a few months back. That looked class too, but then you realise it was Moreno trying to stop him and you have to take some style points off just because of that. 

Giroud headed a consolation but Sarri wasn’t impressed at all. He could have moaned about the penalty they didn’t get and blamed the defeat on that, but to his credit he just pointed out that they didn’t play well and were soundly beaten.

Interviewer: “If you’re looking for positives, Ross Barkley did well when he came on. Were you happy with him?”

Sarri: “No. Today I wasn’t happy with anybody.”

I like him, he seems like a genial fella but you can tell he’s got that old wiseguy vibe about him and you defo wouldn’t want to get on his wrong side. 

My Chelsea supporting mate told me months ago that Jorginho can’t run and can’t defend, and that playing him as the deepest midfielder and using Kante further forward would cost them. Until now it hadn’t, but that was more through luck than good judgement (we were shite when we went there for example), but Spurs exploited it perfectly and Jorginho was tormented all day. 

You can get away with not being able to run in Italy (I still haven’t given up hope of one day making it in Serie A), but not over here. Having the world’s best holding midfielder and playing him further forward seems mental to me, but I’m not complaining if it harms Chelsea’s title prospects.

This is just a teaser, click here to view full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

I thought it was, just, a foul on Kane, but that big girly scream he let out? Embarrassing, especially for Ingerlund's hero. 

As for Jorginho, I've been saying to mates all season that he's too lightweight and slow to be the deepest midfielder - which led to him being outmuscled and throwing in an awful challenge on Sigurdsson (I think) a few weeks ago, which he should have been sent off for.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic