You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) 2/12/18 Premier League

Bjornebye

49 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The strangest thing about Everton to me has always been how their own fans hold two seemingly opposing viewpoints at the same time without a hint of irony.

One is the detached realism/pessimism about how Everton never succeed: "Everton that."

The other is the idea that they're not satisfied with anything short of perfection: "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum."

It makes for a positively schizophrenic fanbase, never illustrated better than immediately after that goal.

My favourite bit of Doublethink is their rage if you call them a small club and their pride in not attracting support from outside Merseyside. 

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newtons First Law of Motion 

The first law says that any object in motion will continue to move in the same direction and speed unless Virgil van Dyjk strikes it at home to Everton. 

That means if you kick a ball it will fly forever unless some sort of magnet acts on it! As strange as this may sound, it's true. When you kick a ball, unless hidden magnets placed by the FA deflect its spin and direction it will travel high into the crowd . Magnets cause resistance or friction from the air and gravity. Gravity pulls the ball down to the ground and the air resistance slows it so that lands on top of the cross-bar where unless the keeper has normal arms it will then rebound to Divock Origi to score.

30 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

This lad here has sussed it:

Just now, janmolby said:

Can someone clarify this for me.

Did the mongrels throw those flairs onto the pitch before of after the goal?

Not sure but they were throwing coins and stuff throughout. Did I imagine in it my euphoric state or was there a blue flare going off in the front few rows of the Annie road home end? Clearly thrown by them and thats where a lot of disabled fans sit as well. No uproar about that but a man runs on the the pitch and he is a nazi nonce who wants banning. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure but they were throwing coins and stuff throughout. Did I imagine in it my euphoric state or was there a blue flare going off in the front few rows of the Annie road home end? Clearly thrown by them and thats where a lot of disabled fans sit as well. No uproar about that but a man runs on the the pitch and he is a nazi nonce who wants banning. 

I thought they'd lashed the flares on in anger after we scored and they all streamed for the exit. Lads on the anfield wrap are saying they threw them on before Virg's wonder assist re entered orbit. Which if true I can't stop laughing at.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, janmolby said:

Can someone clarify this for me.

Did the mongrels throw those flairs onto the pitch before of after the goal?

I sit in main stand overlooking the away end - some stuff was thrown on to the pitch when Richarlison (I think it was) tryed to start a fight with Gomez in that corner not as bad as aftrr the goal and most just hit their own fans and didnt make it on the pitch. There was also a mobile phone amongst the objects that made it on to the picth after yhe goal, and earlier a few people get kicked out by the cops. Most of it just hit their own fans and didnt make it on to the pitch at that point. As for the flares its a bit of a blear I thought the one thrown at our lot was after along with loads more stuff chucked on inc the flare and phone on to the pitch.

Edit: they have to have been the most obnoxious away fans so far this season - again.

Edit again: I could be wrong btw it was mayhem and I was concentrated on what was going on at the other end so much.

All week I had been day dreaming about a 6-0 victory in which our front three clicked into last season's form and Keita announced himself as a vital part of the team. And yet I now realise that what I actually wanted more than anything was a 96th minute Divock Origi header from less than a yard after the worst injury time shot since Dejan Lovren's in the FA cup semi final bounced twice off the crossbar via the England no.1's tiny arms - it's a funny old game, isn't it?

• Upvote 2

Merseyside Police have joined the Cabal of Evil (PL/FA/UEFA/Sky Pundits/Referees/Crossbars and Magnets) as they are looking into the flare and objects thrown by Everton supporters onto the pitch.

It's a witch hunt! A witch hunt!

Meanwhile, back at Appeasement Central, or the Redshite Echo if you prefer....

ELGlJX6.jpg

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair to the Bloos they do have some half decent players. That Gomes is technically very good, when he can be arsed and one or two others are raising their standard of technique. Gomes will obviously not be staying there given he is actually a Barca player and could move to much bigger clubs than them. Very unimpressed by that Richarlison though,a shithouse snidey cunt,and Walcott used to actually give us problems as an Arsenal player but just looks washed up now.

Thing is most of these new good players might not be there

Zuma and Gomez are both on loan and if Gomez carries on playing well you know Barcelona are going to up the costs to 40ml plus to fund their spending. If Mina  plays well they'll invoke the buy out they have as its 54ml and they'll sell him on for a bigger profit like they did Delafou or whatever the fuck his name was. 

They'll have to fork out large amou ts just to keep what they have. But then I guess they are billionaires so what could go wrong