You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) 2/12/18 Premier League

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

I suggest the Liverpool Echo watch MOTD 2 back. 37:24 - Klopp goes to Silva at the final whistle and clearly says “sorry about before” and even indicates with his hand where he ran onto the pitch.

We watched it obviously and we both thought he said Sorry but that doesn't fit the narrative the " red " echo needs 

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect the memory of that goal is going to stick with all of us for a long, long time. It's the kind of thing that just absolutely redeems football, no matter how many evil oligarchs or murderous capitalists worm their way into the game you just can't ruin the absolute brilliance of that kind of moment.

Today at the gym I was 18 laps into what was supposed to be a 20 lap set in the pool and was exhausted and thinking of packing it in. Then I remembered that goal and just spent the last two laps practically giggling as I swam just replaying it over and over again in my mind.

• Upvote 7

GOT continues to provide solid entertainment. We had the first one already but this reply is outstanding:

Just had to explain to my 6 year old who is confused why mummy has gone mad at daddy for the language and breaking the glass top of coffee table that he will go through life and have to accept we are cursed and will never consistently have the upper hand over that lot, even if we win 10 titles on the trot we will lose the derbies.

Sat here in his Everton pyjamas, I feel for him.

You, my dad, my daughter, me and the rest of us who raised.....nay brainwashed.... our kids to be Evertonians should be reported to the authorities for child cruelty.

I mean that :(

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Would have been so much better if you’d have stayed and you STILL say you made the right call! Just don’t get it me, leaving early to beat the traffic, some of the most celebrated victories have been in injury time and people have missed them them ‘to beat the traffic’.  If you’re that eager to beat the traffic and would willingly miss THE best way to win a Derby EVER, you may as well stay at home. Save your money and listen to it on the radio. 

It was the right call for all the other non football reasons. It was absolutely the wrong call in any other circumstances. Of the 1000’s of games I’ve been to, I reckon I’ve left early less than 10 times and in at least half of those have been as we’ve skied a free kick in the 2nd minute of injury time.

im gutted I missed it, but I could at least still hear the roar from where I was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I suspect the memory of that goal is going to stick with all of us for a long, long time. It's the kind of thing that just absolutely redeems football, no matter how many evil oligarchs or murderous capitalists worm their way into the game you just can't ruin the absolute brilliance of that kind of moment.

Today at the gym I was 18 laps into what was supposed to be a 20 lap set in the pool and was exhausted and thinking of packing it in. Then I remembered that goal and just spent the last two laps practically giggling as I swam just replaying it over and over again in my mind.

I’ve already mostly forgotten it.

To be fair to the Bloos they do have some half decent players. That Gomes is technically very good, when he can be arsed and one or two others are raising their standard of technique. Gomes will obviously not be staying there given he is actually a Barca player and could move to much bigger clubs than them. Very unimpressed by that Richarlison though,a shithouse snidey cunt,and Walcott used to actually give us problems as an Arsenal player but just looks washed up now.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It seems strange to pay £50 to watch a film and then leave before the ending.

There are multiple showings of a film at any cinema. There's only one showing of any football match and they're not all at 3pm on a Saturday any more. Maybe if this had kicked off at 4pm Bob would have been fine? But no, it was later still so they could string out some Derby Sunday bollocks. One for the shitness of modern football thread.

• Like 1

The strangest thing about Everton to me has always been how their own fans hold two seemingly opposing viewpoints at the same time without a hint of irony.

One is the detached realism/pessimism about how Everton never succeed: "Everton that."

The other is the idea that they're not satisfied with anything short of perfection: "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum."

It makes for a positively schizophrenic fanbase, never illustrated better than immediately after that goal.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair to the Bloos they do have some half decent players. That Gomes is technically very good, when he can be arsed and one or two others are raising their standard of technique. Gomes will obviously not be staying there given he is actually a Barca player and could move to much bigger clubs than them. Very unimpressed by that Richarlison though,a shithouse snidey cunt,and Walcott used to actually give us problems as an Arsenal player but just looks washed up now.

Richarlison has been excellent for them this season, looks like he's taken snide lessons from his fellow countryman Neymar though.