You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sink or Swim for Sol

Captain Turdseye

Sol Campbell, after moaning for fucking years that nobody will give him a job has been given the gig at mighty Macclesfield Town, currently sitting rock bottom of League Two. 

So is he the managerial genius he’s been telling people he is? Or will he be bombed out before he even gets the chance to be relegated to the Conference?

Im not too keen on the guy. He isn't right in the head. That said, I was at Fratton Park sat right near the Spurs fans years ago and the abuse they gave him was bang out of line. I've been to old Firm games and heard less venom coming from the stands. It was fucking arl arse. I hope they get Spurs in a cup match and twat them. 

He won't last the season. 

Sol's a bit of a beaut...a lot of one, to be honest. But how many chances has Steve McClaren got at far bigger outfits? How many times has Steve Bruce burned through someone else's money then moaned that that the problem was that he wasn't given enough? Has been a beaut impeded Alan Pardew's stately progress up and down (mostly down) the divisions? Ipswich looked around for something new after the long tenure of Mick McCarthy and decided that Paul fucking Lambert was the up-and-coming man! The idea that Sol Campbell has to succeed at mighty Macclesfield Town or its proof that everyone was right to ignore him all these years seems a little unfair. 

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Sol's a bit of a beaut...a lot of one, to be honest. But how many chances has Steve McClaren got at far bigger outfits? How many times has Steve Bruce burned through someone else's money then moaned that that the problem was that he wasn't given enough? Has been a beaut impeded Alan Pardew's stately progress up and down (mostly down) the divisions? Ipswich looked around for something new after the long tenure of Mick McCarthy and decided that Paul fucking Lambert was the up-and-coming man! The idea that Sol Campbell has to succeed at mighty Macclesfield Town or its proof that everyone was right to ignore him all these years seems a little unfair. 

He probably won't get much chances beyond that. But those other fools keep getting jobs. I have no sympathies towards Sol Campbell, but I hope he does better than those other LMA tools.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Im not too keen on the guy. He isn't right in the head. That said, I was at Fratton Park sat right near the Spurs fans years ago and the abuse they gave him was bang out of line. I've been to old Firm games and heard less venom coming from the stands. It was fucking arl arse. I hope they get Spurs in a cup match and twat them. 

He won't last the season. 

He will if he twats Spurs into the following week. That is unlikely however. The Mancs on the other hand... 

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Sol's a bit of a beaut...a lot of one, to be honest. But how many chances has Steve McClaren got at far bigger outfits? How many times has Steve Bruce burned through someone else's money then moaned that that the problem was that he wasn't given enough? Has been a beaut impeded Alan Pardew's stately progress up and down (mostly down) the divisions? Ipswich looked around for something new after the long tenure of Mick McCarthy and decided that Paul fucking Lambert was the up-and-coming man! The idea that Sol Campbell has to succeed at mighty Macclesfield Town or its proof that everyone was right to ignore him all these years seems a little unfair.

I agree with the bit in bold, to be honest. I only started the thread because I’m a massive shitstirrer who likes starting shitstirring threads. 

• Upvote 2

BAME candidates, Rooney Rule or otherwise, he is as incredibly strange as Tony Adams and I really hope the pair of fucking weirdos are reunited at a club one day as its managerial comedy duo. 

Could make a worthy successor to The Impossible Job as a fly-on-the-wall car-crash documentary.