You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PSG (A) Champions League 28/11/2018

Bjornebye

I think gung go Liverpool could do napoli but this season's Liverpool it's a knife edge. I don't like the midfield of Henderson Milner and gini. We need to be more dynamic. We really need to start seeing more of our new signings. 

I'm not too down on the result though. Just hope these European away defeats will be lessons we learn from.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think gung go Liverpool could do napoli but this season's Liverpool it's a knife edge.

Pretty much this.

Anyone who thinks we're not capable of blowing Napoli out of the water with a 5-0 is kidding themselves, but so is anyone who thinks we're not capable of blowing the game 0-1. At this point it's a bit hard to guess which Liverpool is going to show up.

Well we haven't had a performance that would beat someone like Napoli 5-0 so it's not exactly 50/50.

The side of last year, yeah. This, no.

They'll score, and if we play anything like we have done recently we aren't getting three. 

Klopp has to be bold with the midfield. Would love to see Keita and Shaqiri start. 

Late 2nd half: Silva "hurts" his head when falling to ground. He's outside the sideline so the ref correctly lets play go on. Seeing that, Silva walks on to the pitch again and lay down there instead. Play stops so that he can receive medic care, after all it's a "head injury" we’re talking about. Ref accepts these actions and 2 mins run off the clock. Our players “sportingly” returns the ball to PSG when play eventually starts again.

How the f*** can this happen?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Late 2nd half: Silva "hurts" his head when falling to ground. He's outside the sideline so the ref correctly lets play go on. Seeing that, Silva walks on to the pitch again and lay down there instead. Play stops so that he can receive medic care, after all it's a "head injury" we’re talking about. Ref accepts these actions and 2 mins run off the clock. Our players “sportingly” returns the ball to PSG when play eventually starts again.

It’s not ideal, but I can’t help but think that this sort of stuff is a bit of a red herring. We lost the game because we failed to create any meaningful chance... Mane and Milner did their job but the rest of them really didn’t, on the attacking front. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

If we were winning, then this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Klopp was out and criticise this also, which I wasn't liking too much. Lead and then win against them, then this won't happen and won't be an issue. We need to concentrate on getting better and put ourselves in positions that will help us win games. Picking that midfield and changing the back 4, to me, is on Klopp and why we lost. The rest is just noise surrounding that.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It’s not ideal, but I can’t help but think that this sort of stuff is a bit of a red herring. We lost the game because we failed to create any meaningful chance... Mane and Milner did their job but the rest of them really didn’t, on the attacking front. 

I'm not trying to find an excuse. My question is: How can the football world accept this? How can it be acceptable that a player who's outside the playing pitch goes back onto the pitch to take time off the clock, and no reaction? No yellow card, no media outrage, nothing!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I'm not trying to find an excuse. My question is: How can the football world accept this? How can it be acceptable that a player who's outside the playing pitch goes back onto the pitch to take time off the clock, and no reaction? No yellow card, no media outrage, nothing!

It’s just different football culture. I remember several articles from when Suarez was here, explaining how football pundits and fans in South America found the general reaction from English public and media bemusing...

Diving and ‘snide’ over there are just part and parcel of football.. as they value winning at all cost first and foremost.

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

The referee was laughably bad, but I agree that we were pretty poor too, same as in the other two away games.

I thought Verratti was the best player on the pitch by a distance, though playing with complete immunity from any sanction regardless of what he did might have skewed things a bit.

Milner was typically heroic and Mane was our only real attacking option. Jurgen's hyping up of Salah before the game seems to have been more for PSG's benefit. He's still well off his level from last season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustTosh said:

and when we played on, we got behind them and all Robbo needed to do was beat the first man with the ball across and we were all lined up to score a tap in. That was our chance second half.

55 minutes ago, aRdja said:

It’s just different football culture. I remember several articles from when Suarez was here, explaining how football pundits and fans in South America found the general reaction from English public and media bemusing...

Diving and ‘snide’ over there are just part and parcel of football.. as they value winning at all cost first and foremost.

Nothing to do with culture if the referee applies the letter of the law and does his job. Should not be influenced by the crowd or the huge bung he probably got.

We were poor, the ref was fucking awful.

13 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

out at the first hurdle. oh well.

13 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That's that then. 

There's no way we're beating Napoli by 2 goals. 

Klopp can fuck off tonight. That was all on him and not for the first time in the CL this season has he got out wrong. Poison.

I'm off to bump the Buvac thread to stir some shit. 

13 hours ago, an tha said:

Been an abysmal campaign and one that sadly it looks like is over.

Probably for best anyway, sadly - we haven't got the squad depth to put a fight in what is gonna be a very tough top 4 fight let alone try and stay with the oil cheats and go deep in this.

Very very disappointing.

13 hours ago, Special K said:
I honestly can't see us beating Napoli by 2.

We've been our own worst enemy in this group

Fucking hell, didn't realise Napoli had turned into Brazil 1970 overnight!