You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GF Film Draft 2 The Final - Voting Thread

LF:D

Vote for your favourite film list  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite film list

• Bjornebye
    • Babb'sBurstNad
    • Strontium Dog
    • Tony Moanero
    • Elite
    • LF:D

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/11/18 at 20:30

Please pick your favourite film list that you'd like to watch.

Participants cannot vote for their own list.

Thanks

Bjornebye

1. E.T the Extra Terrestrial 

2. Rocky 4

3. Good Morning Vietnam

4. Coming To America

5. Cocktail

6. Lethal Weapon

7. The Blues Brothers 

8. Officer and a Gentleman 

9. Weekend At Bernie's

10. Rita, Sue and Bob too

11. Short Circuit 

Babb'sBurstNad 

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark

2. Raging Bull

3. Blade Runner 

4. The Princess Bride 

5. Once Upon A Time In America 

6. Midnight Run

7. 48 Hrs

8. The 'Burbs

9. Thief

10. Flash Gordon

11. Akira

Strontium Dog 

1. Back to the Future

2. Aliens

3. This Is Spinal Tap

4. Planes, Trains and Automobiles

5. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

6. Return of the Jedi

7. Field of Dreams

8. A Fish Called Wanda

9. Labyrinth

10. The Last Temptation of Christ

11. Ruthless People

Tony Moanero

1. Stand By Me

2. Mississippi Burning

3. The Shining

4. Airplane!

5. A Nightmare on Elm Street

6. The Breakfast Club

7. Gremlins

8. Pale Rider

9. National Lampoon's Vacation

10. Educating Rita

11. Transformers The Movie

Elite 

1. Beetlejuice

2. The Goonies

3. The Karate Kid

4. The Running Man

5. Uncle Buck

6. The Lost Boys

7. Road House

8. Dirty Dancing

9. Caddyshack

10. The Hitcher

11. Flight of the Navigator

LF:D 

1. The Untouchables

2. Ghostbusters 

3. Rain Man

4. Weird Science

5. Top Gun

6. Wall Street 

7. The Great Outdoors

8. Kickboxer

9. Brewster's Millions 

10. Crocodile Dundee

11. Dead Poets Society

35 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Out of curiosity, @Fowlers God, which films wouldn’t you touch with a barge poll?

I’d be happy to watch most of the films, many of them on loop, though there are a few I’ve never seen.

Swayze was boss, genuinely as cool as.

I did own over 2 thousand DVd’s Before I moved out. 

I studied Film at A Levels although didn’t complete and I think I know a bit about them. More importantly I know what I like. 

But just off off the top of my head. Films I wouldn’t watch that are in the final. 

Brewsters Milkions

dirty dancing 

breakfast club

bact to the future

a fish called Wanda 

cocktail

rita, Sue and Bob 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I studied Film at A Levels although didn’t complete and I think I know a bit about them. More importantly I know what I like. 

But just off off the top of my head. Films I wouldn’t watch that are in the final. 

Brewsters Milkions

dirty dancing 

breakfast club

bact to the future

a fish called Wanda 

cocktail

rita, Sue and Bob 

It’s subjective, isn’t it.

I’m no expert, I just like what I like.

Surprised you don’t like Back to the Future, though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Brewsters Milkions

dirty dancing 

breakfast club

bact to the future

a fish called Wanda 

cocktail

rita, Sue and Bob 

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

57 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Out of curiosity, @Fowlers God, which films wouldn’t you touch with a barge poll?

I’d be happy to watch most of the films, many of them on loop, though there are a few I’ve never seen.

Swayze was boss, genuinely as cool as.

Swayze was the coolest mutha-fucker on the planet, well apart from him playing a nonce in Donne Darko.

• Upvote 1

I think one of the problems is that it is difficult to choose one list of films from a whole group of them. If players were randomly paired off in a head-to-head, then voters can simply choose which of the two lists they prefer. It means there are more polls and more rounds to consider, but less chance of a stalemate vote.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

I think one of the problems is that it is difficult to choose one list of films from a whole group of them. If players were randomly paired off in a head-to-head, then voters can simply choose which of the two lists they prefer. It means there are more polls and more rounds to consider, but less chance of a stalemate vote.

People just lose interest. 

More polls would mean even even less votes. 

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Its easy. Just decide which list of 10 you would be most happy sat in your crusty bills eating shite food watching them all back to back only stopping for a quick knuckle shuffle. 

Right:

Stig's list has Lethal Weapon, and that's about all I really like. I can't stand The Blues Brothers, Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam makes me root for Charlie, and Rocky IV has aged worse than Brigitte Nielsen's Terrrahawks face. Kudos for Lethal Weapon and Coming to America though, as well as Rita, Sue.. not enough British films represented here.

Stronts has the best list of comedies, that includes the greatest comedy of all time, This Is Spinal Tap (run very close by Withnail and I). Also, as I get older, the more I realise that it's only because Return of the Jedi was so good that the rest of the Star Wars universe seems acceptable; in reality, it's mostly abject shite for kids, but Jedi is a masterpiece. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is also a favourite of mine.

Tony's list is full of quality horror; psychological (The Shining), fantastical (Elm St.), comedy (Gremlins) and arguably even real (Mississippi Burning). A point knocked off because of National Lampoon's Vacation, purely because I don't like the bit where the dog dies. He regains that point because of Transformers: The Movie though, which was the first film I cried at. Point of trivia, it was also Orson Welles' final film.

Elite's list screams pure '80s, the kind of films no other decade made. A little bit shit, a little bit creative, but all perfectly of the era. Not the best films, but the best '80s films. I won't even hold choosing Dirty Dancing against him.

LFD's list is solid enough, very '80s, but none I really like other than The Untouchables and Ghostbusters. 

I've gone for Elite.