Dougie Do'ins

Living Remotely or Off Grid

12 minutes ago, Carradona said:

Finally some bricks in the ground for us.

20220122_162722.jpg

Fucking hell, are you building Buckingham Palace? Are you sharing the drawings, looks like it will be epic. 

All the drawings and plans are on the laptop and I'm on the phone, but I took a couple of low quality screenshots from the 3D video I have on my phone. Although we have made some changes since this video was made for us.

VideoCapture_20220122-202024.jpg

VideoCapture_20220122-202018.jpg

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Carradona said:

All the drawings and plans are on the laptop and I'm on the phone, but I took a couple of low quality screenshots from the 3D video I have on my phone. Although we have made some changes since this video was made for us.

Bloody hell. That’s incredible.  Good luck to you! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Carradona said:

@neko has a bear you could work into that rendering.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Carradona said:

Looks stunning mate best of luck 

• Upvote 1

How much would you say this ‘micro flat’, in Hackney, below will go for?

It has a shower just out of shot, but that’s it, and it’s an estate agents picture so the most flattering pic they could get.

3782D200-05D7-4D61-B348-6E58EB93E4D9.png

Looking forward to sitting here with this view. Although we'll be lucky to get 20 days of blue skies in a year!

That'll be a 2metre by 2metre window. The tallest of those trees on the left is actually dead and should be coming down some time this year hopefully. 

IMG-20220319-WA0007.jpg

• Upvote 5

All exciting so far although the cost of materials are going up every couple of months so there's going to have to be compromises made along the way. Or a couple of unfinished rooms for a few years.

• Upvote 2

We got our hollowcore concrete slabs fitted during the week and the block layer should be back out in a couple of weeks to start the blockwork for the upstairs bit of the house. 

Even when the air is wet, I still enjoy the view!

20220412_190738.jpg

20220412_190749.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I have zero skills needed to live this way. I also lack the necessary courage and work ethic.

Man this world though. I’ve never wanted to disappear more, to be bothered by nobody, to bother nobody. Just to be. 

• Upvote 1

How are you coping with the rising costs of materials in the emerald isle, Carradona ?

I just got a quote for the steel work for a simple garage design. Steel prices have doubled in the last year or two. It's now going to be all wood instead.

On 20/03/2022 at 10:38, Carradona said:

All exciting so far although the cost of materials are going up every couple of months so there's going to have to be compromises made along the way. Or a couple of unfinished rooms for a few years.

Just saw this post.

Pretty grim, isn't it ?

It'll be boss when it's done Cain.

Mrs's uncle is a painter and decorator and has been building his own gaff for about two years on his own near Omagh, got a sauna and snooker room in the attic and everything, it'd be worth about two million over here I reckon, it's fucking huge. Nobody does shit like that over here.

• Upvote 1

We're about three weeks into a 12 week wait for our windows/doors to be supplied and fitted. View from our bedroom window in one of the photos, looking forward to waking up to that view!

20220624_140222.jpg

20220624_141221.jpg

20220624_141709.jpg

• Upvote 3