You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Living Remotely or Off Grid

Dougie Do'ins

2 minutes ago, Carradona said:

All the drawings and plans are on the laptop and I'm on the phone, but I took a couple of low quality screenshots from the 3D video I have on my phone. Although we have made some changes since this video was made for us.

VideoCapture_20220122-202024.jpg

VideoCapture_20220122-202018.jpg

Bloody hell. That’s incredible.  Good luck to you! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carradona said:

All the drawings and plans are on the laptop and I'm on the phone, but I took a couple of low quality screenshots from the 3D video I have on my phone. Although we have made some changes since this video was made for us.

VideoCapture_20220122-202024.jpg

VideoCapture_20220122-202018.jpg

Looks stunning mate best of luck 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to sitting here with this view. Although we'll be lucky to get 20 days of blue skies in a year!

That'll be a 2metre by 2metre window. The tallest of those trees on the left is actually dead and should be coming down some time this year hopefully. 

IMG-20220319-WA0007.jpg

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are you coping with the rising costs of materials in the emerald isle, Carradona ?

I just got a quote for the steel work for a simple garage design. Steel prices have doubled in the last year or two. It's now going to be all wood instead.

On 20/03/2022 at 10:38, Carradona said:

All exciting so far although the cost of materials are going up every couple of months so there's going to have to be compromises made along the way. Or a couple of unfinished rooms for a few years.

Just saw this post.

Pretty grim, isn't it ?

It'll be boss when it's done Cain.

Mrs's uncle is a painter and decorator and has been building his own gaff for about two years on his own near Omagh, got a sauna and snooker room in the attic and everything, it'd be worth about two million over here I reckon, it's fucking huge. Nobody does shit like that over here.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...