Jump to content
Dougie Do'ins

The BBC

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Johnson supporters will be sat watching, banging on about thieving Scousers and drug dealing.

Oh aye no doubt about it! Private landlord that's hoying them out too. Hope they can sleep at night, bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Johnson supporters will be sat watching, banging on about thieving Scousers and drug dealing.

"Yeah I bet she's got a telly though" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

"Yeah I bet she's got a telly though" 

I hear shit like that so often. "They wouldn't be struggling if they didn't waste their money on fags / booze / sky tv etc etc!" Boils my piss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

The wages of class one HGV drivers are going up which is a good thing I suppose.

Any working person getting a pay rise is good news.

Not to sure letting them work ridiculous hours is a great idea however ,and his claim that wages are going across the board is a 100% lie which no one seeks to have the integrity to question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't work ridiculous hours thou. They work according to the law. I hate the bastard's but the industry I've worked in for over 30 years has been decimated by agencies and foreign labor. Maybe it's time to bring the UK market up to a level where we are forced to pay a decent wage for the jobs we have subbed out to foreign labor because we have been able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

They don't work ridiculous hours thou. They work according to the law. I hate the bastard's but the industry I've worked in for over 30 years has been decimated by agencies and foreign labor. Maybe it's time to bring the UK market up to a level where we are forced to pay a decent wage for the jobs we have subbed out to foreign labor because we have been able to.

I thought they had eased the working regulations?

What has stopped them doing that before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

I hear shit like that so often. "They wouldn't be struggling if they didn't waste their money on fags / booze / sky tv etc etc!" Boils my piss!

Am I wrong to be pissed off at these people though. I see it every day when I come home from work. The piss heads near the bus station asking me for a cig. The smack heads waiting for the meth at the walk in center. The woman in the shop with the 4 kids getting cigs and scratch cards when I know most of them and they have never worked a day in their life. I'm not racist or a gamon head just pissed off with the way certain parts of society seem to be given a free ride.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

They don't work ridiculous hours thou. They work according to the law. I hate the bastard's but the industry I've worked in for over 30 years has been decimated by agencies and foreign labor. Maybe it's time to bring the UK market up to a level where we are forced to pay a decent wage for the jobs we have subbed out to foreign labor because we have been able to.

It really is that simple and should've been advocated by the Labour Party years ago. Instead they preferred to champion the cause of a random Polish coffee shop worker or Hungarian welder, it's alienated its traditional base and helped keep the Labour Party out of power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slimjim75 said:

Am I wrong to be pissed off at these people though. I see it every day when I come home from work. The piss heads near the bus station asking me for a cig. The smack heads waiting for the meth at the walk in center. The woman in the shop with the 4 kids getting cigs and scratch cards when I know most of them and they have never worked a day in their life. I'm not racist or a gamon head just pissed off with the way certain parts of society seem to be given a free ride.

So a bag head has it easier than someone who works for a living?

Why is is always the poorest who get a free ride?

How about those at the top who pay fuck all in tax?

Are you pissed off at them too?

Cos its funny but I dont see television programmes made about them.or daily headlines....why is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gnasher said:

It really is that simple and should've been advocated by the Labour Party years ago. Instead they preferred to champion the cause of a random Polish coffee shop worker or Hungarian welder, it's alienated its traditional base and helped keep the Labour Party out of power.

Apart from the Blair era these cunts have been in.power since 1979.

Do you think its nudr dawned on them that people should get a decent wage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Apart from the Blair era these cunts have been in.power since 1979.

Do you think its nudr dawned on them that people should get a decent wage?

Wages in most working class occupations have been static for decades, it's coincided with a influx of cheap eu labour, the Labour Party has failed to show any support for many of those people suffering in low paid jobs and its paid the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

It really is that simple and should've been advocated by the Labour Party years ago. Instead they preferred to champion the cause of a random Polish coffee shop worker or Hungarian welder, it's alienated its traditional base and helped keep the Labour Party out of power.

I wish I could articulate my feelings like the above.

 

Thank you.

 

How is it possible to have so many people out of work and yet so many jobs available. My dad worked all his life in an age of manufacture and the 80's and early 90's was grim with all the places shutting down. Sidac, BICC, pilks and many more. He ended up finishing his working life in AHH in Warrington with a knackered shoulder. My mum worked as a nurse in whiston and st Helens before working in care home's.

My dad was illiterate and I had to wright my own letters for school but he got by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Wages in most working class occupations have been static for decades, it's coincided with a influx of cheap eu labour, the Labour Party has failed to show any support for many of those people suffering in low paid jobs and its paid the price.

And yet the party which has been in power,mostly, which has actively encouraged these shite wages,is continually voted into power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This country went through a spell of people with certain talents getting paid far too much for what they did IE banker's were as the average man got paid peanuts for a day's work and country got lazy. 

When I lived in Sutton our next door neighbor got paid for having a bad hip. Fuck all wrong with her but she played the system. Her husband was a plasterer and they used to go on holiday to Barbados every year. She was given a car on mobility which she gave to her son who is now a councillor of all things.

I don't want to pay for them people. I've saw too many in my life.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjim75 said:

Am I wrong to be pissed off at these people though. I see it every day when I come home from work. The piss heads near the bus station asking me for a cig. The smack heads waiting for the meth at the walk in center. The woman in the shop with the 4 kids getting cigs and scratch cards when I know most of them and they have never worked a day in their life. I'm not racist or a gamon head just pissed off with the way certain parts of society seem to be given a free ride.

They’ve been hounding these people with more staff at the DWP than HMRC have chasing tax avoidance, and

they literally turned off Facebook to stop people sharing another leak about tax havens, the Pandora Papers, much like the Panama Papers before them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

and they literally turned off Facebook to stop people sharing another leak about tax havens, the Pandora Papers, much like the Panama Papers before them. 

 

Take it to the conspiracy theories thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Marc Zuckerberg over here

 

Apart from the not-irrelevant fact that all the non-Facebook social media sites remained in operation, including Twitter, along with every news outlet on the planet, the outage cost Facebook almost $100m and wiped more than $40bn off their share value. You would need some pretty powerful evidence that a company would do that itself to temporarily slightly limit the spread of a single news story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

That feels like a outlier, were there other personal stories of how the cut would effect people or was that presented as emblematic?

Three highlighted cancer patient, fair dose like and woman who fractured a leg and had to give up her call centre job?

Just thought grammar school and music lessons is so far removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

 

Apart from the not-irrelevant fact that all the non-Facebook social media sites remained in operation, including Twitter, along with every news outlet on the planet, the outage cost Facebook almost $100m and wiped more than $40bn off their share value. You would need some pretty powerful evidence that a company would do that itself to temporarily slightly limit the spread of a single news story.

A story which is rapidly being forgot as the people it exposed shuffle the pack and start to blame the ‘scroungers’ which was my wider point about DWP v HMRC priorities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjim75 said:

This country went through a spell of people with certain talents getting paid far too much for what they did IE banker's were as the average man got paid peanuts for a day's work and country got lazy. 

When I lived in Sutton our next door neighbor got paid for having a bad hip. Fuck all wrong with her but she played the system. Her husband was a plasterer and they used to go on holiday to Barbados every year. She was given a car on mobility which she gave to her son who is now a councillor of all things.

I don't want to pay for them people. I've saw too many in my life.

 

You don't get 'given' a mobility car, you have to prove a disability and the criteria for this is very strict.

You lease a Motability car.

 

Granted you receive a benefit to pay the lease, but that doesn't include the initial payment which can be zero or several thousand pounds, depending on your needs.

 

The benefit you are alluding to, PIP, (Personal Independence Payment), is there as a safety net and is a very difficult benefit to successfully claim.

 

Proof of ilness/disability is needed by your Doctors and Consultants. Every visit you make to them is recorded and the DWP have access to this as you have to give permission in the application form which in itself is a nightmare to fill in.

 

Then, you may be required to see one of their 'medical professionals' who might be a GP, or a Nurse, and they then report back with an opinion which can be completely at odds with what a Consultant, yes, a Consultant says and their questioning is specifically designed to 'trip you up. The agencies they work for are required to meet targets, i'e, they want you to fail in your application.

 

That's how they get paid.

 

 

The whole process is very stressful and impersonal. You are treated as though they don't believe you even though it's plainly obvious you are disabled.

Why do you think that 70% of their decisions get overthrown?

 

There used to be people who played the system when the benefit was Disabillity Living Allowance, (DLA), but not with PIP.

 

One day, heaven forbid, YOU, or one of your loved ones might be in the unfortunate position to have need of these benefits.

I wonder how you'll feel then.

 

 

Frankly, your post is bollocks.

 

 

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this sort of stuff, it's just the classic divide and conquer, pitting people with the same interests against each other and making it easier to clobber them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×