You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

7 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Handy that bbc breakfast have decided to base their coverage of the Tory party conference in front of all the Tory slogans about building back blah blah and keep cutting wide to them every 30 seconds so viewers can see them. I can't remember, was it the same for the Labour conference?

Kind of, but the Tories are just more adept at it.

Labour had signs everywhere then choose to vox pops on the beach, it's amature hour in the messaging department.

The Tories are at a disadvantge though as they'll be lynched if they leave the building and try to do an interview on the street.

10 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Handy that bbc breakfast have decided to base their coverage of the Tory party conference in front of all the Tory slogans about building back blah blah and keep cutting wide to them every 30 seconds so viewers can see them. I can't remember, was it the same for the Labour conference?

I remember they kept running a headline across the bottom saying Corbyn was in attendance, even when no fucker was even mentioning him. 

8 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I genuinley think they are getting worse.

They were laughing before at johnson not answering a question

There are empty shelves,people are getting poorer,Brexit is s shambles and they are having bantz over the pm not being able to answer a question.

At least on ITV they seemed to give some credence to the £20 a week universal credit cut (they can call it what they like it's a fucking cut!), spoke to a young couple from Liverpool, they've got a little lad about 18 months old, she's a fulltime mum at present, but her partner lost his job during the pandemic and hasn't been able to get another one. They're being evicted soon and the drop in UC isn't helping is it? Merry fucking Christmas Boris!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

At least on ITV they seemed to give some credence to the £20 a week universal credit cut (they can call it what they like it's a fucking cut!), spoke to a young couple from Liverpool, they've got a little lad about 18 months old, she's a fulltime mum at present, but her partner lost his job during the pandemic and hasn't been able to get another one. They're being evicted soon and the drop in UC isn't helping is it? Merry fucking Christmas Boris!

Poor example of the effects on BBC news.

A mother complained she used the £20 to send her Daughter to grammar school and may have to send her to a closer school with cheaper uniforms. Also uses the money for piano and guitar lessons.

My heart bleeds.

33 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Poor example of the effects on BBC news.

A mother complained she used the £20 to send her Daughter to grammar school and may have to send her to a closer school with cheaper uniforms. Also uses the money for piano and guitar lessons.

My heart bleeds.

That feels like a outlier, were there other personal stories of how the cut would effect people or was that presented as emblematic?

GMB running a debate on the future of the BBC, with Esther Rantzen speaking for it, and some totty bint from the Telegraph.  

I don't like the BBC particularly, but I dislike more the logic behind attacking it. 

Its odd to hear mostly Tories wanting to scrap the BBC because I don't hear any other news outlet being as remotely helpful to misleading the sheep.  

I think the BBC is worth a 10% swing at election time, at least.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

GMB running a debate on the future of the BBC, with Esther Rantzen speaking for it, and some totty bint from the Telegraph.  

I don't like the BBC particularly, but I dislike more the logic behind attacking it. 

Its odd to hear mostly Tories wanting to scrap the BBC because I don't hear any other news outlet being as remotely helpful to misleading the sheep.  

True. I'd rather ban opinion polls myself as they are almost a guarantee to win.

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The BBC is undoubtedly tory biased. Tory supporters think that because they have the cheek to allow a "looney lefty" to ask a difficult question on Question Time that the BBC is bowing down to woke Corbynites. They don't want to be held accountable. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Johnson supporters will be sat watching, banging on about thieving Scousers and drug dealing.

5 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

“ It’s only £20” go and fuck off it’s a lifeline.