You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've been listening to BBC2 everyday 8 through to half 5 for the past 3 weeks while working from home. I can't believe I actually like Vanessa Feltz. But Popmaster is superb. Highlight of my late morning. 

Ken Bruce is excellent, and I love popmaster. I can tolerate Feltz and just about put up with Zoe Ball, but I draw the line when Jeremy Vine comes on at 12! The afternoon belongs to 6 Music.

Radio 2's afternoon and early evening line up is a car crash!

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Ken Bruce is excellent, and I love popmaster. I can tolerate Feltz and just about put up with Zoe Ball, but I draw the line when Jeremy Vine comes on at 12! The afternoon belongs to 6 Music.

Radio 2's afternoon and early evening line up is a car crash!

Zoe Ball - £370,000-£374,999

Ball's figure will only cover what she earned for hosting the breakfast show in the first three months of this year, plus her earnings for the Saturday-only Radio 2 show she hosted prior to that. Strictly's It Takes Two isn't included as it's made by BBC Studios.

2017/18: Not on the list presumably because her then Saturday Radio 2 show didn't put her in the £150,000 or above wage bracket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48839428

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Zoe Ball - £370,000-£374,999

Ball's figure will only cover what she earned for hosting the breakfast show in the first three months of this year, plus her earnings for the Saturday-only Radio 2 show she hosted prior to that. Strictly's It Takes Two isn't included as it's made by BBC Studios.

2017/18: Not on the list presumably because her then Saturday Radio 2 show didn't put her in the £150,000 or above wage bracket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48839428

Oh she's not worth the money mate, I can just about put up with her inanity for a couple of hours, but some days I do switch her off!

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Are they showing the derby ? I'm sure I read it was free to watch.

The derby is free to air, first one I believe. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think it's on Sky though, but they are showing some for free.

Ahh, you are indeed right mate. It's the first free to air game on Sky. BBC will probably get Villa V Brighton or summit and they'll turn it into game of the season as they ramp up the advertising for it, then you'll be left with Murphy doing his best Lawro impressions. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Ahh, you are indeed right mate. It's the first free to air game on Sky. BBC will probably get Villa V Brighton or summit and they'll turn it into game of the season as they ramp up the advertising for it, then you'll be left with Murphy doing his best Lawro impressions. 

BBC or not, it's nice to see live top flight footy back on terrestrial TV for the first time in 28 years, shame it took a pandemic like!

I watched a bit of a show on ITV4 last night called 'When Football Changed Forever', about when the PL was being set up. Who was front and centre bragging about getting the PL on to Sky rather than ITV? Why good old Siralan Lord Sugar!!! I knew he was involved anyway but it just increased my hatred for the cunt!

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

BBC or not, it's nice to see live top flight footy back on terrestrial TV for the first time in 28 years, shame it took a pandemic like!

I watched a bit of a show on ITV4 last night called 'When Football Changed Forever', about when the PL was being set up. Who was front and centre bragging about getting the PL on to Sky rather than ITV? Why good old Siralan Lord Sugar!!! I knew he was involved anyway but it just increased my hatred for the cunt!

I agree about games being live free to air for a change, although it makes no difference to myself. I just laugh at the BBC and how they are selling it as a real coup, 'The BBC keeping you entertained during these unprecedented times' etc. Due to the circumstances the BBC have just been handed a few games due to the fact they shell out 211 million for highlight packages anyway. 

56 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I agree about games being live free to air for a change, although it makes no difference to myself. I just laugh at the BBC and how they are selling it as a real coup, 'The BBC keeping you entertained during these unprecedented times' etc. Due to the circumstances the BBC have just been handed a few games due to the fact they shell out 211 million for highlight packages anyway. 

I don't know why the BBC and ITV don't get together and bid for one of the smaller games packages and the highlights package too and share them. Sky and BT and Amazon can't bleat as they'll still have the lions share, and at least then everybody gets a bit of live footy!

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Stickman said:

And the ironic thing is the likes of Lineker and the BBC Sport website have been pretty negative about it coming back 

Yeah, plus Lineker also hosts BT Sports coverage of the CL, he's totally feathered his nest the jug eared crisp munching wanker. 

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

I don't know why the BBC and ITV don't get together and bid for one of the smaller games packages and the highlights package too and share them. Sky and BT and Amazon can't bleat as they'll still have the lions share, and at least then everybody gets a bit of live footy!

In reality though, the BBC would be the ones picking up the tab as ITV could offset their share by advertising revenue.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I am sure the BBC News just reported a third of games to be streamed free. Was only half listening though.

Think that's right Sky have very kindly allowed to show 25 of the new live games for free , might have heard wrong but the 1st could be the Derby with an 8 o'clock kick off on the first Saturday back .