You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

2 hours ago, slimjim75 said:

Am I wrong to be pissed off at these people though. I see it every day when I come home from work. The piss heads near the bus station asking me for a cig. The smack heads waiting for the meth at the walk in center. The woman in the shop with the 4 kids getting cigs and scratch cards when I know most of them and they have never worked a day in their life. I'm not racist or a gamon head just pissed off with the way certain parts of society seem to be given a free ride.

I'm not sure being addicted to alcohol or heroin is the kind of free ride I'd like to he honest with you. And the woman with the kids - I wonder if at any point of her earlier life, did anyone sit down with her and talk about her ambitions or dreams? Was she offered an apprenticeship or did she look at our school system and think "fuck that, I'd rather have kids"? I don't know. I do know that I'm happy with my lot and wish nothing but the best for others who are making do with theirs. It's easy to despise others (and I understand your frustrations) when the right wing media constantly demonise those at the bottom rather than the cunts at the top creaming off obscene amounts from public funds.

• Upvote 4

Fucking despise the BBC now. Bunch of no mark cunts swanning around on quarter of a million pounds plus a year for part time made up jobs while sending heavies to pressure the over 75s to buy a tv license or else?

They can fuck off and the sooner the BBC has to stand on its own two feet in the world cant come soon enough for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, slimjim75 said:

I wish I could articulate my feelings like the above.

Thank you.

How is it possible to have so many people out of work and yet so many jobs available. My dad worked all his life in an age of manufacture and the 80's and early 90's was grim with all the places shutting down. Sidac, BICC, pilks and many more. He ended up finishing his working life in AHH in Warrington with a knackered shoulder. My mum worked as a nurse in whiston and st Helens before working in care home's.

My dad was illiterate and I had to wright my own letters for school but he got by.

Available jobs? Would you work in jobs where it pays less than benefits which are also shit and impossible to qualify for? The benefits these people are supposedly getting are probably a fraction of the cost of looking after the latest sprog born to the anglo-german squatters in Buck House,which the taxpayer owns. Stop falling for the bullshit Daily Mail and look at the real reason the country is in the shitter. By the way,the people who are buying ciggies are paying tax on them,something which many multi millionaires arent.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

You don't get 'given' a mobility car, you have to prove a disability and the criteria for this is very strict.

You lease a Motability car.

Granted you receive a benefit to pay the lease, but that doesn't include the initial payment which can be zero or several thousand pounds, depending on your needs.

The benefit you are alluding to, PIP, (Personal Independence Payment), is there as a safety net and is a very difficult benefit to successfully claim.

Proof of ilness/disability is needed by your Doctors and Consultants. Every visit you make to them is recorded and the DWP have access to this as you have to give permission in the application form which in itself is a nightmare to fill in.

Then, you may be required to see one of their 'medical professionals' who might be a GP, or a Nurse, and they then report back with an opinion which can be completely at odds with what a Consultant, yes, a Consultant says and their questioning is specifically designed to 'trip you up. The agencies they work for are required to meet targets, i'e, they want you to fail in your application.

That's how they get paid.

The whole process is very stressful and impersonal. You are treated as though they don't believe you even though it's plainly obvious you are disabled.

Why do you think that 70% of their decisions get overthrown?

There used to be people who played the system when the benefit was Disabillity Living Allowance, (DLA), but not with PIP.

One day, heaven forbid, YOU, or one of your loved ones might be in the unfortunate position to have need of these benefits.

I wonder how you'll feel then.

Frankly, your post is bollocks.

Thank you for your reply. 

Firstly the story about the woman getting a car was over 20 years ago so I know things have changed.

I know this because my wife who works at st Helens hospital and whiston hospital is now classed as disabled and has a blue badge due to her disability. She looked into PIP but was ashamed of applying for it due to her work ethic so please don't claim I don't know nothing about it.

My post is not bollocks as you say as it's my opinion about society. I've witnessed it. I'm the one who has to help her out of her car every night if I'm home in time. I have to witness her crying because the pain she is in prevents her from simply putting a wash on and being in the kitchen long enough stood up to cook food for the kid's if I'm not home in time.

I live this shit every day through work ( I'm a HGV planner for a national logistics company).

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

Firstly the story about the woman getting a car was over 20 years ago so I know things have changed.

I know this because my wife who works at st Helens hospital and whiston hospital is now classed as disabled and has a blue badge due to her disability. She looked into PIP but was ashamed of applying for it due to her work ethic so please don't claim I don't know nothing about it.

My post is not bollocks as you say as it's my opinion about society. I've witnessed it. I'm the one who has to help her out of her car every night if I'm home in time. I have to witness her crying because the pain she is in prevents her from simply putting a wash on and being in the kitchen long enough stood up to cook food for the kid's if I'm not home in time.

I live this shit every day through work ( I'm a HGV planner for a national logistics company).

Sorry to hear about the shit your missus is putting up with. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Available jobs? Would you work in jobs where it pays less than benefits which are also shit and impossible to qualify for? The benefits these people are supposedly getting are probably a fraction of the cost of looking after the latest sprog born to the anglo-german squatters in Buck House,which the taxpayer owns. Stop falling for the bullshit Daily Mail and look at the real reason the country is in the shitter. By the way,the people who are buying ciggies are paying tax on them,something which many multi millionaires arent.

I've worked anywhere from my YTS days to now. I've worked many year's with lads who could of stayed at home due to the benefits they could of got if they didn't work. It's so wrong that NOT working was the better option.

I'm red through and through but things need to change. 

I can go on marches about tax havens and multi national companies not paying there fair share but unfortunately this country is at the knees of cuntish tabloid paper's and shitty BBC programs about people on benefits. It's a stacked deck.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry to hear about the shit your missus is putting up with. 

Thank you for your comment it means a lot to me from such a long time poster. I've been on this forum for over 23 years in different names and before you shoot me down I should be gold and not a freebie waster.

22 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

With respect chief, your missus shouldn't feel ashamed about applying for PIP! My missus has RA and is in almost constant pain, she has applied for PIP and they're taking their time to reply, but it's worth a shot!

Work ethic or not, your missus is in pain, she deserves any help coming her way.

I wish you both well.

6 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

Thank you for your comment it means a lot to me from such a long time poster. I've been on this forum for over 23 years in different names and before you shoot me down I should be gold and not a freebie waster.

Welcome back Dennis 

36 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

Your post is bollocks, as you can't tar everybody with the same brush.

I was a volunteer at a disability helpline and I saw sick people every day. People who had to give up well paid jobs even though they had a mortgage to pay and families to feed through illness and or disability.

Yes there are people who want something for nothing, but the vast majority of people who have to claim these benefits do so because of need, not greed, and in these cases, a work ethic doesn't really come into it, and neither does your job for that matter.

I know people who have been forced into claiming these benefits through no fault of their own.

People who have paid their taxes and National Insurance just like everybody else.

If your wife feels it goes against her principles to claim for something she may be legally entitled to, that's up to her, I wish her well, but I suggest you keep your Daily Mail, Daily Express and dare I say it S*n reading Tory bile to yourself.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

With respect chief, your missus shouldn't feel ashamed about applying for PIP! My missus has RA and is in almost constant pain, she has applied for PIP and they're taking their time to reply, but it's worth a shot!

Work ethic or not, your missus is in pain, she deserves any help coming her way.

I wish you both well.

This ^

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I wish you both well.

Im not gonna lie. This brought a tear to my eye. I'm sick of this country and how it's played out. I hate the fuckers and the distrain they have for the average Joe.

I just want to work and make sure the kids have everything they want and not go short of anything. 

This is very personal but the girls are not mine. Me and Lisa got together when the girls were young. We was child hood sweathearts in school and got back to gether 25 years after we first split. He ex was a bum who gets a flat and money because he has a drink problem. How is that right.

Sorry forum, that's too mundane

7 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

Im not gonna lie. This brought a tear to my eye. I'm sick of this country and how it's played out. I hate the fuckers and the distrain they have for the average Joe.

I just want to work and make sure the kids have everything they want and not go short of anything. 

This is very personal but the girls are not mine. Me and Lisa got together when the girls were young. We was child hood sweathearts in school and got back to gether 25 years after we first split. He ex was a bum who gets a flat and money because he has a drink problem. How is that right.

Sorry forum, that's too mundane

Then you're no different to the rest of us mate.

Oh and they are your kids if you've acted as a father should towards them.

I would say one thing, as hard as it is, ignore what her ex gets, he's not worth concerning yourself about!

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Your post is bollocks, as you can't tar everybody with the same brush.

I was a volunteer at a disability helpline and I saw sick people every day. People who had to give up well paid jobs even though they had a mortgage to pay and families to feed through illness and or disability.

Yes there are people who want something for nothing, but the vast majority of people who have to claim these benefits do so because of need, not greed, and in these cases, a work ethic doesn't really come into it, and neither does your job for that matter.

I know people who have been forced into claiming these benefits through no fault of their own.

People who have paid their taxes and National Insurance just like everybody else.

If your wife feels it goes against her principles to claim for something she may be legally entitled to, that's up to her, I wish her well, but I suggest you keep your Daily Mail, Daily Express and dare I say it S*n reading Tory bile to yourself.

Taking the piss now Pal. I don't read any of the shite you say I read. I knew I would get a comment from someone I've never met judging me on a Liverpool forum saying the above.

I was a paid up member of USDAW who used to hold them to task after the depot I worked for was built for specicially the people in the area. This changed after 6 months due to the depot manager having a 50 percent share in the agency he owed who flooded the depot with foreign labor.

I'm not saying people classed as disabled should be made out to be liar's far from it.

4 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

You don't get 'given' a mobility car, you have to prove a disability and the criteria for this is very strict.

You lease a Motability car.

Granted you receive a benefit to pay the lease, but that doesn't include the initial payment which can be zero or several thousand pounds, depending on your needs.

The benefit you are alluding to, PIP, (Personal Independence Payment), is there as a safety net and is a very difficult benefit to successfully claim.

Proof of ilness/disability is needed by your Doctors and Consultants. Every visit you make to them is recorded and the DWP have access to this as you have to give permission in the application form which in itself is a nightmare to fill in.

Then, you may be required to see one of their 'medical professionals' who might be a GP, or a Nurse, and they then report back with an opinion which can be completely at odds with what a Consultant, yes, a Consultant says and their questioning is specifically designed to 'trip you up. The agencies they work for are required to meet targets, i'e, they want you to fail in your application.

That's how they get paid.

The whole process is very stressful and impersonal. You are treated as though they don't believe you even though it's plainly obvious you are disabled.

Why do you think that 70% of their decisions get overthrown?

There used to be people who played the system when the benefit was Disabillity Living Allowance, (DLA), but not with PIP.

One day, heaven forbid, YOU, or one of your loved ones might be in the unfortunate position to have need of these benefits.

I wonder how you'll feel then.

Frankly, your post is bollocks.

I'm reminded of the fella from liverpool who looked like he had just walked out of Auschwitz and was told he was fit to work.

52 minutes ago, slimjim75 said:

Taking the piss now Pal. I don't read any of the shite you say I read. I knew I would get a comment from someone I've never met judging me on a Liverpool forum saying the above.

I was a paid up member of USDAW who used to hold them to task after the depot I worked for was built for specicially the people in the area. This changed after 6 months due to the depot manager having a 50 percent share in the agency he owed who flooded the depot with foreign labor.

I'm not saying people classed as disabled should be made out to be liar's far from it.

No, I'm not taking the piss at all. 

The way your posts about people claiming benefits and how your stereotypical comments about people were worded is very reminiscent of the shite those publications spew.

You now seem to be changing your opinion somewhat judging by your last sentence.

Like I said, you can't tar everybody with the same brush.

Apart from the benefits stuff, you seem like a decent fella who works hard, cares about his family and wants the best for them. I respect that. I also have nothing but respect for people like your wife, struggling and in pain, something that I know is horrific to see and endure and believe me, I know.

I just hate to see or hear the same nasty comments from people who know nothing about other people's circumstances and what benefits they get, because believe it or not, it's nobody elses business.

Peace.

1 hour ago, slimjim75 said:

People need to get over their feelings of shame and just apply for it. PIP has nothing to do with a work ethic, the whole point of replacing DLA with PIP was that it's supposed to support a person in their daily life, including their work life, so they are able to partake in society like everyone else. My missus only applied for it because me and her mum nagged her for ages, and even now she hates to admit she has a disability. There are piss-taking freeloading scumbags out there, but by and large they're not the disabled.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People need to get over their feelings of shame and just apply for it. PIP has nothing to do with a work ethic, the whole point of replacing DLA with PIP was that it's supposed to support a person in their daily life, including their work life, so they are able to partake in society like everyone else. My missus only applied for it because me and her mum nagged her for ages, and even now she hates to admit she has a disability. There are piss-taking freeloading scumbags out there, but by and large they're not the disabled.

Yep.

16 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm reminded of the fella from liverpool who looked like he had just walked out of Auschwitz and was told he was fit to work.

There are many cases where this has happened, this one was particularly abhorrent.

I heard of a fella who had stomach cancer getting sanctioned for missing an appointment with the DWP He had been in hospital at the time.

It got quashed, but it took a couple of weeks. Stress the poor fella didn't need.

A disgraceful lack of empathy which is probably about to get much worse.

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Correct!

21 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

There are many cases where this has happened, this one was particularly abhorrent.

I heard of a fella who had stomach cancer getting sanctioned for missing an appointment with the DWP He had been in hospital at the time.

It got quashed, but it took a couple of weeks. Stress the poor fella didn't need.

A disgraceful lack of empathy which is probably about to get much worse.

There are probally loads of examples. 

I.think there was someone in Manchester who froze to.death after having their benefits cut.

They have created an environment where if you claim benefits you are a scrounger.

You watch.

Putting relatives into care will be the next one.

It actually feels like the Tories and their lackeys in the press are beyond demonising those claiming benefits. There now seems to be a concerted effort to stigmatise those who have a low paid/low skilled job - with rhetoric along the lines of "working but still skint or struggling to afford the basic necessities? Tough. Get a better job, you fucking failure."

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People need to get over their feelings of shame and just apply for it. .

This. 

You should make your missus apply for it Jim.  It's like a woman not voting and then being given the speech about the suffragettes.  

We have a benefits system because we, as a country, want one.  We demanded that the government, years ago, set-up a system using our taxes to help those who were dealt a bad hand or are going through a bad period.  The Tories, and their acolytes, had NO RIGHT to ever cast aspersions over people accessing this funding.  It's so fucking wrong to hear about people like your missus who have been brow-beaten into feeling ashamed of their condition. She, and everyone else in the same position, need to swallow their pride and use it.  Please use it.  Don't give in to these Tory bastards.  There is no principled bone in their body, they want that benefits money re-routed into their pensions or tax breaks.   

• Upvote 2