You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yes, it would be great, I agree.

Thats why I have a problem with our national broadcaster having people thrust upon it.

Blair and Labour did exactly the same, it’s not unusual. What is unusual is the dogmatic insistence of its destruction from the right.

Just think outside of prejudice for once.

Why do ‘they’ want it gone and why are there so many stories about its bias?

Its to sow dissent and confusion which will lead to its break down.

‘They’ want this, we don’t need this.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The idea of the bbc is great, and what a functioning society should have - a quality, public service broadcaster.

What the tories have done to the news and politics output would shame North Korea and should not he defended. No-one wants the bbc gone, just impartiality.

We are in full agreement. 

I believe this is very fucking deliberate to ensure credibility is destroyed.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We are in full agreement. 

I believe this is very fucking deliberate to ensure credibility is destroyed.

The stories of decriminalisation of avoiding the licence fee are circulating again. Before long, the government will pass a law freeing the bbc from government interference - leaving their right wing appointments in place first of course.

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

The stories of decriminalisation of avoiding the licence fee are circulating again. Before long, the government will pass a law freeing the bbc from government interference - leaving their right wing appointments in place first of course.

Yep, they’re winning.

The ‘people’ will cheer it’s demise.

On 24/11/2020 at 21:59, Colonel Kurtz said:

To be clear, Prince Phillip’s evil plot to have Diana killed relied on a drunk driver driving too fast through a tunnel lined with concrete posts and her not wearing a seatbelt. Quite how he managed to engineer this, particularly the seatbelt bit, is not obvious to most of us but obviously there was a plot. It couldn’t possibly have just been an accident. 

Q Branch. Remote control of the steering wheel and seat belt clip. Spiked the driver’s Coke at the hotel. Job done...

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Jon Sopel BBC dosnt miss the chance to make us look mugs and the lady makes him look a mug in return..

Who gives a shit about a Churchill bust. The US has more than enough of its own inspirational figures. British journos are dickheads. Watching election night on CNN actually felt like a breath of fresh air compared to the dog turds in our media.

Fuck countries ive got my own flag, its kelly brooks tits on one side and Salma Hayeks on the other. 

Only laugh on election night was when Neil sneered at Richard Burgon that he had had an appalling election, ignoring the fact that he was probably one of the few people who had had a worse one,with Boris Johnson confirming him as an irrelevance going forward and his only contribution being a one-note hectoring of Corbyn and a cringeworthy, misogynistic bullying of the Green's co-leader. No wonder he is yesterday's man , left outside the mainstream and disappearing up his own hoop shouting at people nobody cares about.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Who gives a shit about a Churchill bust. The US has more than enough of its own inspirational figures. British journos are dickheads. Watching election night on CNN actually felt like a breath of fresh air compared to the dog turds in our media.

Fuck countries ive got my own flag, its kelly brooks tits on one side and Salma Hayeks on the other. 

It’s part of a bigger story where Johnson, before being fired again as a journalist, wrote a deeply unpleasant article about Obama.

Obama has the Churchill bust moved from its prominent position and Johnson said he had done this as ‘a part Kenton still angered by colonialism’ or some such dog whistling crap. It was at the time of the birth certificate bullshit, which Trump was very prominent in.

When Trump got in one of the first things he did was put Churchill back to much harrumphing from the gammons.

It being moved again put Alex in a very compromised position given his past comments and it could be seen as a slight from Biden given he can’t stand Johnson.

All very silly.

4 minutes ago, stringvest said:

To be fair to him, he was asking with a twinkle in his eye.  His and Maitlis's podcast - Americast - is really good.  He's under no illusions about how shite our government is too.

Coming up to half a million dead in America from Covid, it’s one of the new administrations first briefings and they are being asked about a bust of Winston Churchill.

He might be a good guy, it might be tongue in cheek but its embarrassing all the same. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s part of a bigger story where Johnson, before being fired again as a journalist, wrote a deeply unpleasant article about Obama.

Obama has the Churchill bust moved from its prominent position and Johnson said he had done this as ‘a part Kenton still angered by colonialism’ or some such dog whistling crap. It was at the time of the birth certificate bullshit, which Trump was very prominent in.

When Trump got in one of the first things he did was put Churchill back to much harrumphing from the gammons.

It being moved again put Alex in a very compromised position given his past comments and it could be seen as a slight from Biden given he can’t stand Johnson.

All very silly.

Good Gawd.

Not sure what to make of this to be honest. Seems a bit of a trivial thing to pick her up on (given other stuff she's come out with, and the fact that its etymology is disputed).

Still, given the intense scrutiny the left have come under for the past three years for every utterance, I suppose it's fair game.

15 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Not sure what to make of this to be honest. Seems a bit of a trivial thing to pick her up on (given other stuff she's come out with, and the fact that its etymology is disputed).

Still, given the intense scrutiny the left have come under for the past three years for every utterance, I suppose it's fair game.

It’s on a list of terms deemed unacceptable by lots of media organisations, the BFI being the one I know refuses to use it.

Don't know when it started and I didn’t know the, disputed, etymology, but it has been known for a while not to use it.

I’m in two minds if this is a deliberate use to stir up bile, it fits the Modus operandi of these cunts.

Let the arguments happen to knock of the agenda the massive failing of the government. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It’s on a list of terms deemed unacceptable by lots of media organisations, the BFI being the one I know refuses to use it.

Don't know when it started and I didn’t know the, disputed, etymology, but it has been known for a while not to use it.

I’m in two minds if this is a deliberate use to stir up bile, it fits the Modus operandi of these cunts.

Let the arguments happen to knock of the agenda the massive failing of the government. 

I reckon, given the number of complaints over her occasional "less than balanced" reporting, they're throwing this in to build the narrative of a vexatious witch hunt against her by the "cranks" on the left.