You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

Difficult to have any sympathy for the BBC. It started when they cravenly jibbed Greg Dyke at Uncle Tone’s insistence, over Shipman. They’ve been on a downward trajectory ever since, especially allowing Tory insurgents to take over BBC News.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Difficult to have any sympathy for the BBC. It started when they cravenly jibbed Greg Dyke at Uncle Tone’s insistence, over Shipman. They’ve been on a downward trajectory ever since, especially allowing Tory insurgents to take over BBC News.

Did you read the above, it’s well worth the time? 

It covers quite a lot of this stuff.

Auntie is not in the best of shape, but it’s important that it exists now more than ever and we need to make sure that it’s allowed to be as impartial as possible.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Not fucking Shipman, you idiot, fucking David Kelly.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It feels like it balances impartiality by having left wing comedians on comedy shows but all the news output and political correspondents be full on tories.

And thats enough for the right to accuse it of having left wing bias. 

You dont really get right wing comedians because bragging about being an evil cunt isn't funny. 

Wa it just me...but the video clip the BBC created covering the Marcus Rashford stuff, actually made it appear to the layman that the Government was part of it and helping.

Granted, if you know what's going on then you can follow - but people with a passing interest would be confused.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54669929

Also they gave a platform to that Ben Bradley idiot, to spout some nonsense about Free School Meal Vouchers being traded for crack.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Toe the party line.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54723282

All the 'free speech activists' out there can fuck themselves up the arse; shills and hypocrites. Actual BBC guidance using the dog-whistle term "virtue-signalling" fucking sickens me. Wannabe Breitbart cunts.

All part of the plan...

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/oct/23/what-now-for-the-bbc

Once Auntie goes the gloves are off.

If I didn’t hate the cunts as much as I did I’d applaud the sheer utter cuntishness of it, it’s tyrannically audacious. 

I don't understand virtue signalling because it actually makes no fucking good sense at all, and is just some Spectator-invented FUCKING MONG SHITE. 

This explanation from the Guardian today....

The term “virtue signalling” was first defined in an article in the Spectator magazine in 2015 to criticise people who say or write things to make clear they are “admirably non-racist, leftwing or open-minded” – without actually doing anything to change the world.

It has since become a popular term on the right, but the BBC guidelines define it more narrowly as “retweets, likes or joining online campaigns to indicate a personal view”.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

BBC staff have been banned from attending LGBT pride events and told they could be suspended if they breach the new rules. David Jordan, the head of editorial policy and standards, took the decision on Wednesday.

Looking forward to Gary Lineker on the back of a float with a string vest and rainbow braces.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

BBC staff have been banned from attending LGBT pride events and told they could be suspended if they breach the new rules. David Jordan, the head of editorial policy and standards, took the decision on Wednesday.

That's Rylan Clarke's christmas fucking ruined.

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

Toe the party line.

All the 'free speech activists' out there can fuck themselves up the arse; shills and hypocrites. Actual BBC guidance using the dog-whistle term "virtue-signalling" fucking sickens me. Wannabe Breitbart cunts.

Why do I get the feeling Laura Kuensberg will be immune from all this.

44 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't understand virtue signalling because it actually makes no fucking good sense at all, and is just some Spectator-invented FUCKING MONG SHITE. 

This explanation from the Guardian today....

The term “virtue signalling” was first defined in an article in the Spectator magazine in 2015 to criticise people who say or write things to make clear they are “admirably non-racist, leftwing or open-minded” – without actually doing anything to change the world.

It has since become a popular term on the right, but the BBC guidelines define it more narrowly as “retweets, likes or joining online campaigns to indicate a personal view”.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

Toe the party line.

Does Gary Lineker's job actually require him to remain impartial?  What about if the BBC had covered the Man U match; would the pundits be allowed to say "it's been a really big week for Marcus Rashford"?

• Upvote 1