You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I assume you saw the full interview? 

He made The Tories sound like chumps throughout and left no doubt who was responsible, Marr giving him ample time to speak. Marr was using the governments position throughout to get explanation, and they were explained well and thoroughly as to why they were wrong and problematic.

I also assume you saw the later interviews with Racheal Reeves where they showed where the problems were and the wider issues, not critically enough for me, but hey-ho.

They then had the Justice Secretary on and he was made to look like a prized prick through Marr’s questioning, it’s not difficult though given the subject matter.

A fair and balanced hour of political debate and analysis which, for me, gave air to all sides and showed the Tories up for the irresponsible chancers they actually are.

But yes, let’s distill it down to a ten second clip by all means, I mean, agenda’s must be served here, right? 

Ok now my go. The Irish minister was excellent, he could barely hid his contempt for the British government or the questions being asked by Marr, who is a typical bbc stooge. 

Reeves is total waste of space. The political equivalent of a cheese sandwich.

The Justice secretary should feel the weight of justice by being hung by a rope from the nearest lamppost. 

As for you your smugness knows no bounds.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

THE BBC faces major losses as licence fee evaders will no longer face prison charges.

The corporation can pursue fine charges imposed by the civil courts and collected by bailiffs. The new Government plans could be revealed as soon as next month.

Speaking to the Times, a Government source said the new plans were a “done deal”.

However, they added that the decriminalisation would be substituted by another penalty that was yet to be discussed.

The source said: “We have to be careful that what we replace the licence fee with isn’t worse than what we have.

“We’re talking about higher fines, using bailiffs and damaging people’s credit ratings.

The source added: “We need to tread carefully.”

The news comes after BBC boss Tim Davie admitted the corporation has been "unfair on pensioners”.

Mr Davie added the BBC’s decision to cut free TV licences for millions of over-75s was “not a great look”.

Speaking at a Royal Television Society talk, Mr Davie said: “The BBC doesn't deliver equally to everyone,” adding there were “certain bits of the country” that "don't necessarily feel the BBC is for them”.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1340750/bbc-tv-licence-fee-tim-davie-licence-fee-decriminalisation-row

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...