You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

It’s weird how the left thinks it’s right wing and the right think it’s left wing.  Then it produces world class documentaries, huge amounts of radio, comedy, kids programmes and drama and people still fucking moan about it.  Proof positive that people are cunts.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

It’s weird how the left thinks it’s right wing and the right think it’s left wing.  Then it produces world class documentaries, huge amounts of radio, comedy, kids programmes and drama and people still fucking moan about it.  Proof positive that people are cunts.  

Of course people are allowed moan about it; 1) we pay annual license fee 2) it’s not north korea 

Marr is within his rights to question a politician who claims to support Remain yet campaigns under a manifesto which commits us to Leave.

In any case, Ash Sarkar complaining about political bias in another media outlet is all the irony I can take for one day.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Marr is within his rights to question a politician who claims to support Remain yet campaigns under a manifesto which commits us to Leave.

In any case, Ash Sarkar complaining about political bias in another media outlet is all the irony I can take for one day.

Did you actually watch the clip?

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Which party is she a member of?

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I think it was the aggressive manner of his questioning compared to the fawning reverence shown to Tory guests - Raab for instance. As for being a remainer, if she'd been allowed to get a word in edgeways, she'd have pointed out that Labour are committed to respect the outcome of the referendum rather than committing to leave. There is a difference.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

How would I know what was in the clip without watching it?

So then you’ll understand she was referring to the “don’t you patronise me...” bollocks while he was shaking his notes at her, not the bit where she was being cross examined on policy; although, incidentally, it’s quite obvious that the same intellectual rigour isn’t applied to government figures in that regard, either. 

Is this thread about the BBC or Brexit? 

If it's about the BBC, they have some good channels and some bad ones, some good shows and some bad ones and some good presenters/actors&actresses and some bad ones.

If it's about Brexit, I might pop over the the Brexit thread.

Neil's the main culprit there.  I don't know if I'd call Marr so much biased as a poundshop Paxman who can't sustain the approach evenly and follows the lead of others.

Regardless, the BBC's political coverage does miss Paxman and Robinson - even though they were both clear tories and both declined badly toward the end, the standard of coverage gave the viewer a far more informative experience than Neil, Marr and Dimbleby's often pointless haranguing. 

41 minutes ago, rico1304 said:

It’s weird how the left thinks it’s right wing and the right think it’s left wing.

Then it produces world class documentaries, huge amounts of radio, comedy, kids programmes and drama and people still fucking moan about it.

Proof positive that people are cunts.  

I don't see how in this instance how your first two points are linked.