You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A view to the future - Harry Wilson

tlw content

Too early to tell but I'd like to see him back here and what he would do. Sturridge is done imo. Shame but without the pace all he offers is goal poaching and we don't really play a style that suits him. Lallana offers nothing either. Would rather see the likes of Wilson and Origi coming off the bench. 

It will be interesting to watch what happens though. If we stick with the 2-3-1 then who are the sitters, can Keita and Fabinho can play as the two. 

Once Chamberlain gets back if we stay with the two we will have to get rid of a couple as we will have far to many. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think the loan deal allows us to recall him in January. And that’s probably a good thing as I think a full season under Lampard, the way he has Derby playing, will allow him to progress. Hopefully he might be ready for next season.

Lampard seems to think we can recall Harry, although I think he is certainly best served staying with the Rams and hopefully playing a key role in a promotion push.

In any case it seems to be a great relationship between the clubs which isn't always the case with loanees.

Derby boss Frank Lampard has confirmed Liverpool can recall Harry Wilson from his loan spell in January.

Wilson, 21, is the Rams’ top goalscorer this season with eight, featuring a stunning brace against Swansea on Saturday

And his form has not gone unnoticed by Liverpool fans, who have suggested he makes an early return to Anfield.

While Lampard is desperate to keep his star player for the remainder of his season-long loan, the former Chelsea midfielder admits he could lose Wilson next month.

Asked if he can reassure Derby fans that this will not happen, Lampard said: “There is an element where Liverpool can call him back in early January.

"That is a conversation between the clubs.

“Liverpool run a fantastic department in terms of looking after their loans players. We have a lot of chat with them. We will just have to see how that goes.

"At the minute he’s our player, and of course we want him to stay our player for the course of the season because he is contributing.

Since Harry came there has been constant dialogue with myself, Liverpool and Harry. It is very open conversation.

"For me, he is here to progress, and he is progressing well. I hope he stays with us because I think we can work well for each other.”

On 12/7/2018 at 3:15 AM, 3 Stacks said:

Think we'll end up selling him with a buy-back clause. Unless he approaches Mane/Salah/Firmino levels of ability and he can contribute to the starting eleven next year, I don't think we could justify stunting his development just so he can be squad depth. 

No way will Liverpool sell Harry Wilson. New five year deal, performing well on loan and one for the future. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...