You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Farewell gift to Richard Scudamore

JustTosh

All premier clubs have been asked to donate £ 250 K to give Richard Scudamore a farewell gift of £5 M. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46197761

Apparently he’s on £ 2,5 million pounds a year salary, so the poor lad could really use the extra dosh now that he’s retiring. 4 years ago he almost got sacked too because of sexist emails, but got off the hook when he said “I’m sorry”.

The man who forced Luis Suarez out of England certainly deserves our gratitude.

I suggest us fans of football all chip in a tenner as well.

Thanks, Josef, I feel vindicated.

Every time he was ever mentioned, I used to get confused but my brain would recalibrate and say, "No, not horse racing, he's the horrible football one."

I thought it was just me.

Must remember, "...you're never alone...."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Imagine what a 5m gift from the pl clubs to small grass roots clubs could do instead of lining this shithouses pockets

You’re confusing yourself- the PL have never invested in grassroots, that’s the FA’s job!!

You’re welcome 

3 minutes ago, dandyman said:

You’re confusing yourself- the PL have never invested in grassroots, that’s the FA’s job!!

You’re welcome 

Imagine what a 5m gift from the pl clubs to small grass roots clubs could do instead of lining this shithouses pockets

1 hour ago, an tha said:

So the woman replacing him is tv exec.

Tells you all about what the priority is going to be. 

Yeah it's all going to be on digital services. Not sure why the Premier league haven't done it yet. They could easy sell the games on a digital platform like US sports do. Cut out the middle men in sky and get all the cash. 

Set it up with a club plan so you can watch all your teams games, or a all in so you can watch all games. Either live or delayed. 

15 hours ago, dandyman said:

You’re welcome 

The FA are supposed to be the country's official national association ergo it should be so that the PL comes under their remit according to how it should work,but we all now know that the tail wags the dog so both of you are right in some way.

Of course it’s not what people want to see from the game — but football is less a game now than it is a commercial enterprise to be pimped out to the highest bidder. Scudamore’s leadership has made a lot of multi-millonaire owners even richer several times over; our own owners have seen the TV deals signed during Scudamore’s watch add possibly a billion to their bottom line. Relative to that, what Scudamore is getting from each owner is chump change. He and his team have made a lot of rich men even richer.