You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I saw him play.

Kevin D

• 2 years later...

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realise that Gerrard completely ruined midfielders for me.

Why isn't Gini scoring more last minute winners? Fabinho is running this game, but why hasn't he also slid Salah in? A real captain's display from Henderson, but why won't he go in two footed on Richarlison?

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I realise that Gerrard completely ruined midfielders for me.

Why isn't Gini scoring more last minute winners? Fabinho is running this game, but why hasn't he also slid Salah in? A real captain's display from Henderson, but why won't he go in two footed on Richarlison?

This is so right.

On 12/11/2018 at 03:07, Lee909 said:

It was

It was open but no roof if I remember correct

Don't think it was, I was in the road end.

Wasn't that the year of sunken drains or some shit?

Think we played first six? Games away which unbelievably also impacted on the shite being, well shite, as does everything else. If you know yer istory and all that.

This was my first ever game I went to. Taken by my blue nose dad because our next door neighbour at the time had season tickets but was working away and couldn’t go. And the rest is history.

Ive time-stamped Digger’s goal (I think)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

Don't think it was, I was in the road end.

Wasn't that the year of sunken drains or some shit?

Think we played first six? Games away which unbelievably also impacted on the shite being, well shite, as does everything else. If you know yer istory and all that.

The Fowler hatrick

The drains was years before in 87

The Fowler hatrick was in August 94, the kop was being made all seater,last game standing kop was April 94

• Upvote 2

20210605_235153.jpg

I was there when Kenny came on as a sub against Derby in 1990, when we lifted No18 that night.

Picked the below up in the newsagent earlier today.

Vinyl spinning above is my Japanese limited edition of "Wings over America".

Just took a Thai Green Chicken pie out of the oven.

Scotch and Soda.

Wife and kids in bed.

Might watch a bit of England/NZ Test Cricket later, on the couch, and nod off.

12.02am, Sunday.

Melbourne lockdown ain't all bad.

20210605_232629.png

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, belarus said:

This was my first ever game I went to. Taken by my blue nose dad because our next door neighbour at the time had season tickets but was working away and couldn’t go. And the rest is history.

You could tell we were on the decline based on our back four and gk. Our attacking players were still phenomenal but Souness remedied that very quickly soon after.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You could tell we were on the decline based on our back four and gk. Our attacking players were still phenomenal but Souness remedied that very quickly soon after.

Yeah - I had no idea at the time though. I thought they were all the best in the world!

8 hours ago, belarus said:

We couldn't take our chances back the either ! Played some lovely stuff and should have won by 6 . 

Nice to hear Moore and Greavsie on comms instead of the bellends we have now. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

We couldn't take our chances back the either ! Played some lovely stuff and should have won by 6 . 

Nice to hear Moore and Greavsie on comms instead of the bellends we have now. 

Yeah, they were great weren’t they? Since then I’ve only really liked Andy Gray weirdly

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Keep that one close is my advice mate . 

Hahaha

If for nothing else the “yoooouuu beautyyyy! What a hit son! What. A. Hit” alone, but I did like his co-commentary too.

Molineux in 1976 was a fantastic night which goes a little bit under the radar when big occasions are recounted. I skipped school at the afternoon break , couldn't get in the ground at first but got in free at three-quarters time when they opened the gates , and ended up standing on a Wolves fan's seat as the three late goals rattled in. Stuck on the motorway for hours afterwards and you could hear YNWA floating out of cars for miles.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Molineux in 1976 was a fantastic night which goes a little bit under the radar when big occasions are recounted. I skipped school at the afternoon break , couldn't get in the ground at first but got in free at three-quarters time when they opened the gates , and ended up standing on a Wolves fan's seat as the three late goals rattled in. Stuck on the motorway for hours afterwards and you could hear YNWA floating out of cars for miles.

Amazing scenes that night. I was at uni down the road in Brum, so quite local. But the crush at the turnstiles was something else. I think Wolves needed to win to avoid relegation. Harks back to a time when your closedown rivals were a club like QPR instead of the sportswashing proxy of a nation state. 

• Upvote 2