You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I saw him play.

Kevin D

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Majestic player.

It's a shame that his management career never took of, because if ever was someone supposed to be Liverpool manager it was Barnes.

Talented, articulated, good looking, telegenic, smart as fuck, loyal and radiates class.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jairzinho said:

Terrible choice of music, but whoever stuck this together clearly knows their shit.

Love that he included when we beat the Mancs 4-1 and Sami stepped in, at the last minute. Scholes ,Rooney, Tevez and C.Ronaldo? Sami treated them like he was out for a casual Sunday night stroll.

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Majestic player.

It's a shame that his management career never took of, because if ever was someone supposed to be Liverpool manager it was Barnes.

Talented, articulated, good looking, telegenic, smart as fuck, loyal and radiates class.

Is right.

Probably my 2nd favourite player after The King.

13 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Molby

Hattrick of pens v (?) Ipswich, screamer in front of the Kop v Norwich

Hattrick of pens was against Coventry in a league cup tie if I remember correctly.

Was that Norwich one a midweek FA Cup game where he webbed it in from near enough the Kemlyn Rd touchline?

1 hour ago, thegreatelephant said:

seeing Barnes and Beardsley debuts on opening day at Highbury 1987 was pretty special, linking up with just settled in Aldridge. the dawning of a new era, super new silver kit and a 1-2 win

Didn't go but that season there just felt like something special was about to happen and boy it did.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:06 AM, Red EnZed said:

Aldo's last. My last for a few years.

The 9-0 Palace game was my wife's first match (as girlfriend then).

Aldo chucking his boots into the crowd, me getting emotional and nine goals to celebrate.

I had to warn her, not every game was like this one.