You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I saw him play.

Kevin D

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Whole team for this one. 

1978. Spurs had just signed Argentinian World Cup winners, Ardiles and Villa, and were apparently going to fuck everyone else in the First Division....  Yeah, right. The most Spurs result ever.

That 7th goal was exactly as you dream. Perfect football.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He kind of shit on us, although you can understand his dissatisfaction given the state of the club at the time (plus, we definitely got his best days), but Torres deserves a mention in here. 

Absolutely electric when on top form. He was one of those rare players who, when they get the ball, you get hit by a sense of anticipation that something wonderful was about to happen. 

https://youtu.be/Uw3Qru5r_I8

Sounness many times. Remember him scoring a long range special against (maybe) Sunderland in the early 80’s.

Saw Barnes & Beardsley time and again. Most memorable for me was in the 4-4 at Goodison - also saw Aldo & McMahon v the mancs in the  3-3 in 88. 

Most memorable Kenny moment I saw love was at Goodison too - very early goal in the 3-2.

Too many Rushie memories to list.