You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GF Film Draft 2! Sign up to play & discussion thread

LF:D

4 minutes ago, LF:D said:

I think we should extend it to 12 rounds.

Still loads of great films. 

It has dragged a little at times already with really long waits between picks as people are tied up with work or whatever, or cannot check what has already been picked. Best to leave it at 11 picks and then get ready for voting.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I vote we do another round. Not arsed about the waiting. It’s not as if we’ve got anything better to do TLW-wise, we’ll only be posting shit in other threads.

I wouldn't have minded picking another film or two but it's simply because it can drag a bit while waiting for others to have their turn. That's why it is best that we stop at 11 now that we're all here.

When the 80s draft idea was first mooted, I made a suggestion to not pick any 80s films that were chosen in the other draft. While it was agreed not to run with that idea, I decided to try and follow it anyway simply because the 80s has such rich pickings. Therefore, all of my choices are films that hadn't been chosen for the previous film draft. I think it's a strong and varied selection.

1723283_Pyunik_Yerevan.jpg

4-3-3

Channeling Gianluigi Buffon, I've got an ageless Italian in between the sticks. A solid centre back pairing with some grit, flanked by two runners on the outside. Aggression in the centre of midfield, but balanced alongside a couple capable of a lighter touch.

Up front you've got flair on the wings, and if the ball ends up anywhere near the area it'll be slotted away by a number 9 who can finish with his eyes shut.

• Upvote 2

Few other picks I would have been happy with that never got picked:

Fright Night

Cobra

Temple of doom

Best of the best

Evil Dead II

Conan the Barbarian 

The Fog

The dead pool or Sudden impact 

The golden child 

Lethal weapon 2

The monster squad 

To live and die in LA

The neverending story

Romancing the stone

Stripes

Scrooged

Tight Rope

Twins

Vice Versa

Young Sherlock Holmes

Colours

Willow

Year of the dragon

I considered Colors. I posted it in my top 5 cop films, the other week. Wouldn’t have minded Cobra, Monster Squad and Young Sherlock Holmes as well.

Others that I would have been happy with:

Runnaway Train

The Snowman

When the Wind Blows 

G.I. Joe The Movie

Prince of the City, Deathtrap, The Verdict and Running on Empty (all Sidney Lumet)

Back to the Future II

Nighthawks

Peggy Sue Got Married

Risky Business 

Explorers

Over the Top

The Color of Money

The Outsiders

The King of Comedy