You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

GF Film Draft 2! Sign up to play & discussion thread

LF:D

We pick films, chat about them & then pick a winner at the end. It’s fun, get involved. 

To see what it’s about, here’s the last one we recently did with rules & selections. Link

No films selected in that draft are eligible for this one. 

Suggestions for rule changes / new categories are welcome below. 

Whos in? The more the merrier. 

@Bjornebye @Sugar Ape @Lee909 @Babb'sBurstNad @Fowlers God @DimReaper @Elite @Strontium Dog @PestiRed @Trumo @Rushies tash @Tony Moanero @manwiththestick @Pidge

Count me in.

First off, I'd say that players can't pick any of the films from the first draft. We'd need to list all the first GF Film Draft picks so players can double-check before making their selection.

Secondly, that we have categories such as Action, Sci-fi, Comedy, Western, Horror, Animated and Thriller/Noir. Maybe even include categories that most people here probably wouldn't care for such as Musicals or RomComs (they are not my thing, before anyone suggests it!), plus a couple of wild cards that can fit any category. That gives each player 10 picks in total like in the first draft.

• Upvote 1

Personally I’d rather just do a draft from a particular decade. So, say a 80s draft which leaves scope to do further ones from other decades. And I’d say you can pick films from the first draft to make it easier. 

I’ll just go with the majority though,  I’m not that bothered.

I’d much prefer the 70s but will play if it’s 80s. Perhaps we could compromise and do 70s/80s? 

I’d defo include genre categories, etc. Also, I’d specify that participants cannot pick any film that they selected in the previous draft but are free to pick films that other people had.

No point, might as well save the 70s for another one. If we can get 10/12 people playing then the last picks will be hard if it’s 80s only which is a good thing. 

Not sure on actors/actresses as categories either. Except for maybe De Niro and Pacino will people have seen 12 films from one particular actor?

13 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

No point, might as well save the 70s for another one. If we can get 10/12 people playing then the last picks will be hard if it’s 80s only which is a good thing. 

Not sure on actors/actresses as categories either. Except for maybe De Niro and Pacino will people have seen 12 films from one particular actor?

Agree.

42 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

In hindsight, I agree. Happy to go with whatever. I never fucking win anyway. Just takes my mind off mundane shit like breathing. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I reckon pick whatever you want and as many films as there are people playing. Surely we can get another few people to join in? 

I’m thinking draft lovers like @Numero Veinticinco And @Captain Turdseye

Turdseye will say he is in for about 3 minutes. Epic bantz that lad 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Trumo - RomCom??

6 hours ago, Trumo said:

Count me in.

First off, I'd say that players can't pick any of the films from the first draft. We'd need to list all the first GF Film Draft picks so players can double-check before making their selection.

Secondly, that we have categories such as Action, Sci-fi, Comedy, Western, Horror, Animated and Thriller/Noir. Maybe even include categories that most people here probably wouldn't care for such as Musicals or RomComs (they are not my thing, before anyone suggests it!), plus a couple of wild cards that can fit any category. That gives each player 10 picks in total like in the first draft.

I was just throwing out different genres. It's not one I would pick but maybe its inclusion my entice more people to take part.