You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scruff Behaviour

Section_31

10 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

How long a train we talking, though?

5 hours Edinburgh to London - I think you’re entitled to make a little more noise than just the Huyton to Lime street, no?

If you're making noise for five hours on the train I think you're entitled to have the shit kicked out of you. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

How long a train we talking, though?

5 hours Edinburgh to London - I think you’re entitled to make a little more noise than just the Huyton to Lime street, no?

Makes no odds IMO. Not having the social awareness to consider that there are other people in the world and your actions impact on their enjoyment of life is scruff behaviour. No one is entitled to be a nuisance in a shared public space. 

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Makes no odds IMO. Not having the social awareness to consider that there are other people in the world and your actions impact on their enjoyment of life is scruff behaviour. No one is entitled to be a nuisance in a shared public space. 

Can see what you mean if you were in the quiet coach.

However, you going from Scotland to London on a 5 hour train to go to Wembley/the match/ gig/ event, then I think you’re entitled to a little latitude when it comes to noise. 

Not blasting rhythm is a dancer from your phone with coke on the table, but yeah a lively conversation over some beers seems appropriate to me.

20 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

It’s her favourite. They’re shit now that you can’t do the salad cart yourself

You fucking what? What’s the point of a harvester if you can’t do the salad cart?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

You fucking what? What’s the point of a harvester if you can’t do the salad cart?

It’s a bastard of a bollocks. I found myself in a Harvester on a work trip to Derby recently. 

First you have to stand by the salad bar like a numpty, waiting for one of them to come and serve you.

They then ask you what you want. I’m a partial to a pickled onion, I want twelve. I only ask for three because I’m British and weak. Same sort of nonsense repeats itself as you are taken through the various trays. You end up with an actual side salad, not the main course extension you could previously pile on. 

The final humiliation comes with the bread rolls. Who the fuck wants only one bread roll? Apparently I do. 

If there’s anything in this world designed to make you hate yourself, your culture, and your upbringing, it’s the new salad bar process in a Harvester.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

It’s a bastard of a bollocks. I found myself in a Harvester on a work trip to Derby recently. 

First you have to stand by the salad bar like a numpty, waiting for one of them to come and serve you.

They then ask you what you want. I’m a partial to a pickled onion, I want twelve. I only ask for three because I’m British and weak. Same sort of nonsense repeats itself as you are taken through the various trays. You end up with an actual side salad, not the main course extension you could previously pile on. 

The final humiliation comes with the bread rolls. Who the fuck wants only one bread roll? Apparently I do. 

If there’s anything in this world designed to make you hate yourself, your culture, and your upbringing, it’s the new salad bar process in a Harvester.

Hahaha out of rep 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Harvester by ours has closed down. Is this new salad bar policing a direct result of Covid, or did they turn into wankers pre-pandemic?

Assume it was a pandemic thing that they’ve kept in place. 

Do I want Covid or an extra pickled onion? A question for our time. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Can see what you mean if you were in the quiet coach.

However, you going from Scotland to London on a 5 hour train to go to Wembley/the match/ gig/ event, then I think you’re entitled to a little latitude when it comes to noise. 

Not blasting rhythm is a dancer from your phone with coke on the table, but yeah a lively conversation over some beers seems appropriate to me.

Quiet coach is a given but there's also something to be said for not treating the world as an extension of your living room. 

Obviously if you're on a train chocker with people who've been to the same away you have and you gauge the mood then thats a different discussion. 

For me it's just about reading the room and making sure your actions don't negatively impact someone else. Scruff's cant do this. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Quiet coach is a given but there's also something to be said for not treating the world as an extension of your living room. 

Obviously if you're on a train chocker with people who've been to the same away you have and you gauge the mood then thats a different discussion. 

For me it's just about reading the room and making sure your actions don't negatively impact someone else. Scruff's cant do this. 

You’re spot on. That said, having a few beers on a train or plane is not scruff behaviour. Acting like a loud obnoxious cunt is. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m all about the crispy bacon bits chucked over the top of everything. 

Amen to that.

Crispy Bacon and Onion bits make a fab little post-salad/pre-main butty on them bread rolls. The total mingebags have ruined the full Harvester experience by taking away the one big treat I have when visiting there, regardless of the massive burger and gigantic ice cream that swiftly follows.

On 06/11/2018 at 23:36, Harry Squatter said:

Having never ending family arguments or dramas over completely innocuous or pointless shite. The cornerstone of every scally family. 

Threatening to batter or get someone battered when someone disagrees with you or doesn't take kindly to your general overall knobhead behaviour. 

Beating the shit out of a good samaritan who intervenes when they see a woman getting kicked off on. Some fella by mine saw some woman getting punched in the face by her scall boyfriend. But instead of thanking him both of them stopped arguing with each other and kicked the shit out of him instead.

If your kids are complete cunts and someone pulls you up on them, stick up for them no matter how cunty their actions are. 

Great shout 

They normally go marching in to defend their family or friends regardless of the merits of the argument. Often making the situation worse

'I have to stick up for......'

Well not necessarily, you can hear the facts and resolve it like adults. You wont see me absolving people of blame just because we share the same parents. Your family can be wrong

Needless family strive is the benchmark of scruffs

The ability to take any personal slight whether it be actual or perceived and escalate it to unnecessary levels suggests tramp values

I know a story of a family who had a relative in hospital in intensive care. One of the scruff family members starting an argument over who was going in who's car as she had decided to make herself the central figure in somebody else's plight

Poor twat was on tubes in hospital and his wife is being bitched about because who she chose to get a 15 minute lift with

She probably didn't have the local knowledge of a taxi driver and therefore didn't realise it was better for somebody else to pick them up on the way

Scruffs treat family in hospital as an occasion to savour 

On 26/06/2022 at 04:18, Remmie said:

Then call me Remmie Scruffpigs, half the reason to travel on trains and planes (to a lesser extent) is to get trollied on the way. I think this forum gave me my initial insight to the wonderful world of train pub crawls.

This.

On 06/11/2018 at 16:49, Elite said:

Asking strangers for anything like Cigs, to use their mobile, etc, unless it's a genuine emergency.

This one used to annoy me. Played footy for a team who had 3 or 4 bad scalls in. 

They'd be in the changing rooms on the phone to someone talking shite and their top up or credit would run out then they'd go round asking the other members of the team if they had credit on their phones and could they use it. Then guilt trip you when you said no

One lad let them use his and they took the piss phoning tons of different people. The scalls were also regular drug users and dealers so this lads phone could have been confiscated by the police if any of them had been nicked. 

2 hours ago, A Red said:

Ok, I've been negged to fuck and will agree that people drinking on trains and planes are not necessarily scruffs.

Changing your opinion because of getting negged = negged.