You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scruff Behaviour

Section_31

40 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fucking mortified.

Anyone who's read the family strife thread knows what a disaster zone my mob are.

Anyway, my cousin was up from darn sarf to see my other cousin from Warrington, I've barely met her, maybe twice in my life. They'd invited me to the Toby carvery and invited my mum too.

One of my cousins used to be a nurse in the navy and the other's dad was in the navy so they get free meals there apparently, and they both said she'd told the manager that me and my mum are ex forces too so we'd get it free. I said no and I wanted to pay but she told me to hush so they didn't get rumbled. My mum was well onboard with it though as she'll take anything off fucking anybody these days. I'm fucking horrified. A carvery too, they're about eight quid.

What a fucking show. 

I once heard someone ask for a doggy bag in a Toby Carvery. The roast potatoes weren’t even crispy! 

On 20/06/2021 at 17:24, Preston Red said:

Scruffs who take up a whole line of fruit machines to stop people having a chance of winning their dole money that they've just ploughed into them.

Loads of the cunts here in Scarborough.

I went to Scarborough with the family for a day when I was 14 or so. Weirdly, my one abiding memory of the place was me plotting up in one of the arcades on the seafront on a shit rainy day and the local scruffs, 5 or 6 of them, gathering around me and offering advice every time I stuck 10p in a fruit machine.

3 hours ago, Stouffer said:

I used to love a Harvester salad buffet; none round here unfortunately. 

I’m not the healthiest eater, the family still skit me about circling the buffet bar for 10 minutes and returning with two cobs, two butters and some potato salad

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Fucking mortified.

Anyone who's read the family strife thread knows what a disaster zone my mob are.

Anyway, my cousin was up from darn sarf to see my other cousin from Warrington, I've barely met her, maybe twice in my life. They'd invited me to the Toby carvery and invited my mum too.

One of my cousins used to be a nurse in the navy and the other's dad was in the navy so they get free meals there apparently, and they both said she'd told the manager that me and my mum are ex forces too so we'd get it free. I said no and I wanted to pay but she told me to hush so they didn't get rumbled. My mum was well onboard with it though as she'll take anything off fucking anybody these days. I'm fucking horrified. A carvery too, they're about eight quid.

What a fucking show. 

Yeah fuck that mate I'd be mortified and all. 

I remember meeting a mate whose still in the Navy and getting the train up to Manchester for the Stone Roses. He was on a forces travel warrant and the ticket inspector checked his ticket and said it's Armed Forces day I'm giving you both a first class upgrade. The woman at her own table in first class he took us too was horrified when we plonked our arses down with a load of cans. We had her drinking with us though she was sound in the end but she did say when we came over she shit herself. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, A Red said:

I must admit I've always thought of people drinking alcohol on trains or planes as scruff behaviour. Normally accompanied by loud cuntish behaviour. 

You must have been sat across from us then. 

"drinking alcohol on trains or planes as scruff behaviour." Fuck me. Has someones dog shit in your garden this evening or something? 

• Upvote 1

Then call me Remmie Scruffpigs, half the reason to travel on trains and planes (to a lesser extent) is to get trollied on the way. I think this forum gave me my initial insight to the wonderful world of train pub crawls.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I went to Scarborough with the family for a day when I was 14 or so. Weirdly, my one abiding memory of the place was me plotting up in one of the arcades on the seafront on a shit rainy day and the local scruffs, 5 or 6 of them, gathering around me and offering advice every time I stuck 10p in a fruit machine.

Sounds about right does that. Along with the dodgy advice, they'll have spotters watching how much you and others are putting in to various machines.

9 hours ago, A Red said:

I must admit I've always thought of people drinking alcohol on trains or planes as scruff behaviour. Normally accompanied by loud cuntish behaviour. 

One of the poshest people I know loves ‘train cans’.  By the weirdest coincidence she’s just come back from a week in…Cannes.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Have never wanted to get bladdered on a train or plane, travel just strikes me as the kind of situation where you'd want to have your wits about you.

I can’t fly a plane sober so I’d rather crash pissed. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Fucking mortified.

What a fucking show. 

Some serious talent in Warrington, not sure why, but there is.

40 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Drinking on a train isn't scruff behaviour but getting smashed and being loud and inconsiderate to other commuters absolutely is. Have a few cans but shut the fuck up about it. 

How long a train we talking, though?

5 hours Edinburgh to London - I think you’re entitled to make a little more noise than just the Huyton to Lime street, no?

• Upvote 2