You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scruff Behaviour

Section_31

13 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I find that when asked the usual ‘how are you?’ shop assistants and waiting staff are usually astounded if you ask how they are

or how their day is going.  

In my job there is an element of customer service and when someone asks me how I am, I know it's meant well but fucking loathe it because A) you don't give a shit how I am B) I now have pretend to care how you are and ask the same and C) just give me your fucking problem to solve so I can go back to watching some tedious YouTube clip or get to level twelfty on lemmings

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Remmie said:

In my job there is an element of customer service and when someone asks me how I am, I know it's meant well but fucking loathe it because A) you don't give a shit how I am B) I now have pretend to care how you are and ask the same and C) just give me your fucking problem to solve so I can go back to watching some tedious YouTube clip or get to level twelfty on lemmings

Ha ha.  

• 9 months later...

Me and the Mrs just had a little barbecue and it reminded me of something that happened years ago.

My mate invited us all around to his for one, just the lads at this stage but his bird at the time (they're now married) found out he was having one and insisted she should come.

He sends a message to everyone saying she's going to do her special sauces for the chicken  or some shit, so.....can we all bring a fiver.

She made him charge an entry fee to his mates for a barbecue at his house.

I developed a last minute case of a cold and said I couldn't make it, purely out of principle. I'd been fully intending to take a crate of beer or something which would have cost at least 20 quid. It's what you do isn't it? An unwritten agreement, but you don't fucking ask your mates for money..

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Me and the Mrs just had a little barbecue and it reminded me of something that happened years ago.

My mate invited us all around to his for one, just the lads at this stage but his bird at the time (they're now married) found out he was having one and insisted she should come.

He sends a message to everyone saying she's going to do her special sauces for the chicken  or some shit, so.....can we all bring a fiver.

She made him charge an entry fee to his mates for a barbecue at his house.

I developed a last minute case of a cold and said I couldn't make it, purely out of principle. I'd been fully intending to take a crate of beer or something which would have cost at least 20 quid. It's what you do isn't it? An unwritten agreement, but you don't fucking ask your mates for money..

The wife's mate did something very similar but it was charging the Mrs to come to her own birthday party that this big fat tight fisted fucker offered to host.

The wife coughed up the fucking fiver as well!

Friend of my wifes dad is the cheapest cunt you'll ever meet, revels in his stinginess.

He invented something which is industry standard in double glazing so everybody has to pay him to use the design, and since he invented it has never worked as the royalities keep flowing.

He's abosolutely loaded, country pile with grounds loaded.

Anyway when my wife was a teenage he picked her up from the train station to take her to their house.

When they got to the house he asked for a contribution for petrol, a 20/30 minute drive, as 'it would have cost you a fortune in a taxi'

• Upvote 1

I’m a repetitive cunt so this is probably another one you’ve heard but my uncle got free tickets from the FA for the England v France game in Euro 2004. He got about 10,  and him, me, my cousin and one of his mates decided to go. We were late though so there were no flights to Portugal, so we flew to Madrid and drove to Lisbon. Took fucking ages. 

Anyway, the tight cunt made us pay for our tickets, sold the spares and made a fortune.  From memory about 3-400 euro per ticket. We paid for flights, hire car and two hotels and he waltzed back about a grand up. 

although he did buy us a beer in the stadium. Alcohol free of course. 

Used to have a beer drinking competition in my house years ago which was a boss laugh and everyone always used to end up leathered. 

We told everyone to bring 6 cans of lager of similar strength and we would put in a massive ice bucket in the garden.

Some cunt always used to turn up late while I was busy sorting out the draws for the group stages and say he had put his beer in the bucket which he hadn't then started swigging off everyone else's beer. Cunt managed to get away with it but was rumbled the second year when I overheard him bragging about it on his mobile outside. Banned him and made him look a cheap cunt in front of everyone. 

Always used to scrounge ciggies off people and go to real ale pubs asking for samples of beer without ever buying anything. 

Saw some fella on Twitter the other day who runs a coffee shop in town going on about influencers being the biggest cheap skate cunts going.

Loads have asked him for free food in return for them taking photos of his place and mentioning how good it is. Cheeky bastards only have a few hundred followers and think it's a licence to blag free food. 

There's an ice cream shop in LA who serve actual famous people and he has told anyone who asks for free ice cream in exchange for a mention on Instagram will be charged double.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Saw some fella on Twitter the other day who runs a coffee shop in town going on about influencers being the biggest cheap skate cunts going.

Loads have asked him for free food in return for them taking photos of his place and mentioning how good it is. Cheeky bastards only have a few hundred followers and think it's a licence to blag free food. 

There's an ice cream shop in LA who serve actual famous people and he has told anyone who asks for free ice cream in exchange for a mention on Instagram will be charged double.

I'd charge the famous cunts triple and the 'influencers' would get stabbed with a fork and told to fuck off. 

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

When we had a restaurant this was the thing I  hated the most.

You’d get these gimps recommended by agencies as people who ‘provide positive feed back and lifestyle adjacent appeal’ or some shit.

They’d then get in touch with ‘requests’ about food, drink, +1’s all for a blog thats read by six people, but the marketing firms sell you the snake oil of ‘exposure’.

Thankfully we caught on to the racket early and told them to fuck off, which I’m sure by coincidence led to a raft of shitty reviews on trip advisor.

Parasitic industry.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Used to have a beer drinking competition in my house years ago which was a boss laugh and everyone always used to end up leathered. 

We told everyone to bring 6 cans of lager of similar strength and we would put in a massive ice bucket in the garden.

Some cunt always used to turn up late while I was busy sorting out the draws for the group stages and say he had put his beer in the bucket which he hadn't then started swigging off everyone else's beer. Cunt managed to get away with it but was rumbled the second year when I overheard him bragging about it on his mobile outside. Banned him and made him look a cheap cunt in front of everyone. 

Always used to scrounge ciggies off people and go to real ale pubs asking for samples of beer without ever buying anything. 

Ha fucking hell sounds like one of my best mates

Got two of lads help him paint his house. Half way through he asks if they have any cash in case he needs more paint as diy bloke only takes cash.

No need for more paint so they head pub where he is treating them to tea and a few pints for helping him paint. Order there ale and meals and he goes to pay on his card. Landlord says "2nd time we've told you we are cash only" so basically he's got two of lads help paint his house then made them pay for his tea and a night's ale

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Ha fucking hell sounds like one of my best mates

Got two of lads help him paint his house. Half way through he asks if they have any cash in case he needs more paint as diy bloke only takes cash.

No need for more paint so they head pub where he is treating them to tea and a few pints for helping him paint. Order there ale and meals and he goes to pay on his card. Landlord says "2nd time we've told you we are cash only" so basically he's got two of lads help paint his house then made them pay for his tea and a night's ale

Ha, some people will go to any lengths to get out of paying for anything. 

This lad used to go the local paper shop on a sunday and stand there reading the papers for over 10 minutes then never buy any of them. 

Used to go out with some girl I know which was why we tolerated him, my brothers mate threatened to twat him one night when he was nicking people's ciggies.

I almost ran him over in December as well when the dozy cunt walked out in front of my car with his headphones on. I should have just ran over the oxygen thief. 

• 1 year later...

Fucking mortified.

Anyone who's read the family strife thread knows what a disaster zone my mob are.

Anyway, my cousin was up from darn sarf to see my other cousin from Warrington, I've barely met her, maybe twice in my life. They'd invited me to the Toby carvery and invited my mum too.

One of my cousins used to be a nurse in the navy and the other's dad was in the navy so they get free meals there apparently, and they both said she'd told the manager that me and my mum are ex forces too so we'd get it free. I said no and I wanted to pay but she told me to hush so they didn't get rumbled. My mum was well onboard with it though as she'll take anything off fucking anybody these days. I'm fucking horrified. A carvery too, they're about eight quid.

What a fucking show. 

• Upvote 3