Quantcast
Sharks (and all things oceany) - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Shooter in the Motor

Sharks (and all things oceany)

Sharks seem to have intertwined into other threads (movie threads generally) but they are such scary and magnificent creatures that I think it's about time they had a thread all of their own. I started watching The Meg last night which seems to be an OK film but they must have been intimidating creatures when the closest current shark to this is the Great White which is scary enough on it's own.

So to all things shark...

• Upvote 1

We dont get the big ones on the west side here too often - however there are huge amounts of bulls and tigers. Supposedly you are never more than about 25 ft from one when you go out.

And that is just in the gay clubs -- the oceans are teeming with 'em.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

We dont get the big ones on the west side here too often - however there are huge amounts of bulls and tigers. Supposedly you are never more than about 25 ft from one when you go out.

And that is just in the gay clubs -- the oceans are teeming with 'em.

I recall a story off the East Coast of Australia that a guy was spear fishing and the blood was obviously attracting Tiger Sharks and as this guy was in the vicinity he was immediately served on the lunch menu. Tiger sharks don't seem to have the same reputation the Great White (at least that's my perception) but they are fierce fuckers when they are hungry. 

I wouldn't like to be a shark fry-up.

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Baby shark do do do do do do

Now I know what will be stuck in my head for the next few days. Negged. 

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Now I know what will be stuck in my head for the next few days. Negged. 

Feel my pain. It's a daily feature in my daughter's life do do do do do do

11 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Feel my pain. It's a daily feature in my daughter's life do do do do do do

I've never seen such suppressed hatred behind someone's forced smile quite like the expression the face of a woman working in Scarborough Sea Life Centre when a toddler walked through singing that. It was evidently not the first time she'd heard it.

34 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This thread has taken a turn I didn't anticipate.

And not for the better. Can we get back to the Blue Wilderness videos before I end up in a clock tower with a rifle.

4 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I recall a story off the East Coast of Australia that a guy was spear fishing and the blood was obviously attracting Tiger Sharks and as this guy was in the vicinity he was immediately served on the lunch menu. Tiger sharks don't seem to have the same reputation the Great White (at least that's my perception) but they are fierce fuckers when they are hungry. 

I wouldn't like to be a shark fry-up.

isn't it tru that you are more likely to be attacked by a tiger shark or a reef shark than a great white as the former hunt close to the shore while great whites hunt further out?

Just now, Kloppite said:

isn't it tru that you are more likely to be attacked by a tiger shark or a reef shark than a great white as the former hunt close to the shore while great whites hunt further out?

Bull sharks are worse

2 minutes ago, Kloppite said:

Apparently great whites are becoming quite rare as a result of hunting them so perhaps hunting further out may be true but also their numbers being lower could play a part. Great whites are ferocious hunters (they may be the top predators of the oceans) but tigers must not be far behind.