You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sharks (and all things oceany)

Fair dos

https://people.com/human-interest/paige-winter-shark-attack-dad-punch-north-carolina/

Hero Dad Punches Shark to Save Teen Daughter in 'Horrific' Attack: 'He Lives for His Children'

"Charlie wouldn't stop until it released his little girl," a family friend said of Charlie Winter and his daughter Paige Winter

“Despite this unfortunate circumstance, Paige is an unwavering advocate for the marine life and the animals who live in the water,” an update on the GoFundMe page states. “She wishes for people to continue to respect sharks in their environment and their safety.”

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where was the shark and what type of shark was it?

Didn't she say there was a big tiger shark over there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I spent a year in Sydney about 15 years ago. I had a mate there, who one day turned up to the pub completely black and blue down his side. He told us that he had fallen off a rock while stoned; the rock was covered in barnacles and had basically gashed him. One of his house mates had said it looked like a shark bite, so when he next spoke to his mum, he thought it would be funny to tell her that he had been attacked by a shark, but that she shouldn't worry as he had got away.

He thought no more of it until a week later when his local newspaper in the UK called, wanting to hear about this shark attack (his frantic mum had been going round telling everyone about it). He was stoned when they called so he thought 'fuck it', and carried on the story. Again, he thought that would be the end of it, and proudly showed off the front page of the local paper with him on it. Another week passed, and he received another phonecall from the UK - from the Daily Mirror. He again weighed up his options (he was, as usual, stoned) and again thought 'fuck it', and ended up on the front page of a national newspaper, effectively for having slipped off a rock while wasted. We still call him shark boy to this day.

GIPHY.gif

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

I spent a year in Sydney about 15 years ago. I had a mate there, who one day turned up to the pub completely black and blue down his side. He told us that he had fallen off a rock while stoned; the rock was covered in barnacles and had basically gashed him. One of his house mates had said it looked like a shark bite, so when he next spoke to his mum, he thought it would be funny to tell her that he had been attacked by a shark, but that she shouldn't worry as he had got away.

He thought no more of it until a week later when his local newspaper in the UK called, wanting to hear about this shark attack (his frantic mum had been going round telling everyone about it). He was stoned when they called so he thought 'fuck it', and carried on the story. Again, he thought that would be the end of it, and proudly showed off the front page of the local paper with him on it. Another week passed, and he received another phonecall from the UK - from the Daily Mirror. He again weighed up his options (he was, as usual, stoned) and again thought 'fuck it', and ended up on the front page of a national newspaper, effectively for having slipped off a rock while wasted. We still call him shark boy to this day.

GIPHY.gif

What. A. Guy 

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Hooked on this Fishing Clash game on my tablet atm. Just caught a big fucking bull shark but can I fuck catch the electric eel.

Only ever caught 1 blue trout too. Lovely fish that, I would love to hook another one.

That was reely good

tenor.gif?itemid=5667380

37 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Hooked on this Fishing Clash game on my tablet atm. Just caught a big fucking bull shark but can I fuck catch the electric eel.

Only ever caught 1 blue trout too. Lovely fish that, I would love to hook another one.

Great line. Click bait.

37 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I’ve just started sit and caught a dusky grouper and a red grouper right away. I assume that’s shit and just a sort of starting thing to get you used to catching ?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ve just started sit and caught a dusky grouper and a red grouper right away. I assume that’s shit and just a sort of starting thing to get you used to catching ?

Aye pretty much. Only been playing for around a week and I've unlocked the Loch Ness fishery already. Still got 3 of the 5 Amazon River boss fish to catch too, and these legendary fish are impossible.

What's your name on there Stig, I'll keep an eye open for you in the fishing competitions mate