You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sharks (and all things oceany)

Watched a BBC documentary the other day and this little beauty popped up, it's known as the Wobbegong Shark.

I've never heard of it before but apparently it swallows it's prey whole and then slowly dissolves them in it's stomach.....

Nature is far more fucking evil than any movie  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Watched a BBC documentary the other day and this little beauty popped up, it's known as the Wobbegong Shark.

I've never heard of it before but apparently it swallows it's prey whole and then slowly dissolves them in it's stomach.....

Nature is far more fucking evil than any movie  

Terrifying. Great name though. 

I will be diving off Thailand in around 3 weeks.

Cannot. Fucking. Wait. You. Fucking. Cunts. 

Boat I've dived off saw a Tiger shark in the Burma banks last week, the jammy pricks. 

Said the last one spotted there was 7 years ago, hopefully that's good news for the ecosystem around that area. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, TheBitch said:

I will be diving off Thailand in around 3 weeks.

Cannot. Fucking. Wait. You. Fucking. Cunts. 

Boat I've dived off saw a Tiger shark in the Burma banks last week, the jammy pricks. 

Said the last one spotted there was 7 years ago, hopefully that's good news for the ecosystem around that area. 

I hope it's not hungry when you see it.

On 10/02/2019 at 22:32, dave u said:

I read recently that shark fin soup doesn't even taste of anything and they have to put chicken or pork in to give it flavour. They just chop the fins off and throw them back in the sea, still alive. Fucking pricks. 

Tenkod.

I'll get me coat.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2018 at 16:12, neko said:

I've posted this before (probably in the map thread)

Track your sharks worldwide here....

https://www.ocearch.org/tracker/?list

Norris is quite near Hilton at the minute. Norris is a female hammerhead for those who don't know and Hilton is a Great White. Do Great whites fuck Hammerheads? They are quite a way off the Charleston coast so have a fair amount of privacy. 

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Norris is quite near Hilton at the minute. Norris is a female hammerhead for those who don't know and Hilton is a Great White. Do Great whites fuck Hammerheads? They are quite a way off the Charleston coast so have a fair amount of privacy. 

No Great White Sharks only eat other sharks,even dead Great Whites. Norris better get the fuck out of there.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Orcas are great in packs but cowards on their own

Not at all

They do hunt in pact because they are one of the brightest predators around. But a orca is on average 5-10ft long than a great white. Great White can only move quickly over short distances of up to 35mph,a Orca can swin for miles at 30mph. Orca have been actively hunting great whites the last few years. Loads of mutilated great white carcasses washed up in South Africa, the Orcas had been killing them, eating their liver and leaving the rest. 

It's been recorded that a orca will ram a great white, flip it upside down and drown the shark. 

Orcas are the apex predators of the sea

Good article here

https://allthatsinteresting.com/killer-whales-eat-sharks

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not at all

They do hunt in pact because they are one of the brightest predators around. But a orca is on average 5-10ft long than a great white. Great White can only move quickly over short distances of up to 35mph,a Orca can swin for miles at 30mph. Orca have been actively hunting great whites the last few years. Loads of mutilated great white carcasses washed up in South Africa, the Orcas had been killing them, eating their liver and leaving the rest. 

It's been recorded that a orca will ram a great white, flip it upside down and drown the shark. 

Orcas are the apex predators of the sea

Good article here

https://allthatsinteresting.com/killer-whales-eat-sharks

Orcas are cunts. Willy was a shithouse. 

Jaws (A great white) twatted fuck out a vessel called Orca for fuck sake. 

• 1 month later...

This from the story where a fella in North Carolina  punched a shark that was attacking his daughter:

Last month, a massive cluster of great white sharks was seen 20 miles (32km) off the North and South Carolina coasts, including the six largest ones being tracked by scientists, CBS News reported.

The sharks migrate northward from the warmer Florida waters during the summer each year.

Florida had the highest number of shark attacks last year - 16. North Carolina, Hawaii and South Carolina had three attacks each.