You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

McMahon: Aaron Ramsey would be good fit at Liverpool

tlw content

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stylistically he's a good fit. Do we really want someone who is approaching his thirties on a huge signing bonus and wages with a history of a multitude of injuries though? I'd say probably not. I doubt there is anything in those rumours. 

I don't mean to be harsh mate but any opinion you have on footy is null and void because you chat more shit than a coked up tory. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stylistically he's a good fit. Do we really want someone who is approaching his thirties on a huge signing bonus and wages with a history of a multitude of injuries though? I'd say probably not. I doubt there is anything in those rumours. 

He is not even 28, until December.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'd be 28 and turning 29 when we'd have the chance to sign him. Is that not "approaching his thirties" enough for you?

Naby Keita's brother is 421 years of age and he is on trial. He was in Stringvests year at school. Don't be ageist. Age don't mean shit. 

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

So next summer, he'll be 28, a year younger than James Milner was when we signed him.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

So next summer, he'll be 28, a year younger than James Milner was when we signed him.

Of course we signed James Milner one time so that obviously means every free singing on huge wages whose primes will be over soon will be worth it. 

And I wouldn't care if we did it as I like the player, but there are better moves to make and the club, bar the Milner signing doesn't tend to make this kind of move anyways. That was my point. 

Liverpool have opted against making a summer move for Arsenal and Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, according to reports.

Ramsey’s current contract runs out at the end of the season, meaning the talented midfielder will be available as a free agent next summer, after Arsenal withdrew their offer of a new deal.

The Wales international was unhappy with Arsenal’s approach to the situation as they initially refrained from giving a valid reason as to why the offer was withdrawn.

But the 27-year-old has been now told by the club that their will be no new offer, and Ramsey has conceded that this will be his last as a Gunner.

Manchester United and Chelsea have been heavily linked with a move for the midfielder, while reports also claim that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is in the market for a new central midfielder.

However, according to Sky Sports, Liverpool have no interest in signing Ramsey, even should he be available on a free transfer.

Speaking after Arsenal’s slender League cup victory over League One side Blackpool on Wednesday evening, Unai Emery insisted he had been pleased with Ramsey’s attitude amid uncertainty surrounding his future off-the-field.

“The most important thing for me with Aaron is, I spoke with him last week, his spirit, his quality, his confidence, his focus to us in training, in matches like today,” said Emery.

“He played for 20 minutes against Crystal Palace, he played with this spirit.

“He’s focused with us, with the training and in every match like today also. He is working very well.”

13 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Pros: 

He's a good player

Cons: 

He is incredibly injury prone

Plays a position where we have other injury worries

He would be on a massive wage, coming on a free

He would improve the squad, but isn't world class which is what we're looking for, or should be

It would make it much less likely we'd buy that top player we need.

I'm out.

A lot of that could have been said about the Ox, and he wasn't exactly shoddy before disaster struck.

Personally I agree with Ramsey's injury concerns, but if Klopp sees something he thinks he can polish and use for the benefit of the team then who am I to disagree with him ?

It depends on whether Klopp and his back room staff already have their eye on a younger, less known and more robust player who can provide what Ramsey does.