You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) Premier League 3/11 K.O 17:30

Bjornebye

i think in the grander schemes it was a fair result.

But in terms of chances created, we where very unlucky.

Not overly annoyed, but i do think we need to be nicking games like this if we're ever going to win the league, because annoyingly, those money laundering cunts in Manchester wont drop those kind of points.

I think the reality is that teams we thought were miles behind us, arsenal and Chelsea, have made changes and aren't far at all behind. Transfer windows become all the more important now.

We look a bit short on the midfield player who can put his foot on the ball front.

I think it is easy to forget that Arsenal away is one of the toughest games we face all season and a point there is decent....the 'problem' i suppose is that because we are trying to challenge a team who look like they will hardly ever drop points we can look at any game where we don't pick up 3 as not a decent result....not to mention that the others in the top 4 mix are hardly dropping pts or look likely to either.

If we can not drop points against all the shite in this league and pick up pts like today at the top sides away and then hopefully put a couple of them to the sword at home then we will be on for an 86-90 pts or so season, a total that would normally be enough to win or go very close to winning the league and be our best haul since PL began.

If as looks likely City get around 100 then hey, fuck all we can do about that....it is deeply irritating but out of our hands.

We are doing well without playing at our best - i do think Klopp needs to sort our midfiled out though, it is just not working well enough in pretty much all aspects.

29 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Our front 3's form is worrying. Poor touches, wrong choice of pass as key times, not helped by an uncreative midfield mind but would be interesting to know how many goals we had scored at this point last season? 

I know we're miles better off position wise and today was, on reflection, a fair result but its just doesn't seem to be clicking at the moment so it's fortunate that we're pretty sound definitely. 

Alternatively, you could say that when they click, we will be frightening.

46 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Because Trent has been shit so far this season. As he was today. 

Then we need a new right back, something that was obvious in the summer tbf but people told me we were fine with a kid that didn't nail down a first team spot with no competition, a centre back and a crock who I forget what he looks like.

Now we're in a daft position of moving one of our best centre backs into a position where he's poor and playing a CB not fit to wipe Gomez's arse.

• Downvote 2

Decent result and the performance wasn't too bad although Fabinho looks off the pace at this level and TAA had another of his raw as fuck games. I thought we created the far better chances when we had the ball but the problem was they were getting too much space in midfield as our press was poor. 

We'll be third tomorrow night but we've played more games against the other top six sides than our rivals so still pretty good overall.  

• Upvote 1

Klopps got a £50m problem here as he’s brought Fabinho in to manoeuvre  Henderson out but he’s struggled to settle and Wijnaldum has stepped it up to be our best player in that position yet anonymous when moved out to accommodate one of them and our midfield is looking brainless  because of this.

The positive thing is, Klopp was aware of this and we can see why we went for fekir with Fabinho and keita. I reckon that once Allison was made available we redirected the fekir budget to land him in as a priority and with not getting rid of any of our forwards in the summer, have gone with what we’ve got till January and if we’re still in touching distance of city and are still in the CL, he will add to the squad once the window opens again. 

Oh and I know Trent's terrible display has  been mentioned but Firmino was fucking dreadful again tonight. This is why we still need that top class no9 we wanted in the summer. 

• Upvote 1

Disappointing result, didn’t play well but definitely had the better of the chances plus had a legit goal ruled out. Trent was shocking, Fabinho and Wij poor. Midfield really didn’t function, we seriously missed Chamberlain today, would of been massive for us to day, seriously pray to God he comes back in good shape. 

Have to say Arsenal surprised me today with how good they were, I really was convinced we’d Batter them today. It’s so fucking annoying this what ostensibly I’d a decent result. Is definitely not given those cheating corrupt oil cunts city never drop a fucking point.

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

Klopps got a £50m problem here as he’s brought Fabinho in to manoeuvre  Henderson out but he’s struggled to settle and Wijnaldum has stepped it up to be our best player in that position yet anonymous when moved out to accommodate one of them and our midfield is looking brainless  because of this.

The positive thing is, Klopp was aware of this and we can see why we went for fekir with Fabinho and keita. I reckon that once Allison was made available we redirected the fekir budget to land him in as a priority and with not getting rid of any of our forwards in the summer, have gone with what we’ve got till January and if we’re still in touching distance of city and are still in the CL, he will add to the squad once the window opens again. 

Oh and I know Trent's terrible display has  been mentioned but Firmino was fucking dreadful again tonight. This is why we still need that top class no9 we wanted in the summer. 

How is that apparent because weren't heavily linked with any and we sure as hell didn't move for any.

TAA does need competition at right back, he's being targeted pretty much every game. Player + cash deals don't really exist, but I really hope that Clyne and like 10m-15m for Wan-Bissaka is something that is realistic.

We need another RB but Clyne is also dead weight and needs to go. Frankly, I don't think that's a terrible deal for Palace either if W-B decides he wants to move on. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

How is that apparent because weren't heavily linked with any and we sure as hell didn't move for any.

As we bounced Fekir for Allison, FSG weren’t buying more attackers while we still had Sturridge & Origi wanting to stay  on the wage bill and the Ings deal not going through till the last minute.

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

As we bounced Fekir for Allison, FSG weren’t buying more attackers while we still had Sturridge & Origi wanting to stay  on the wage bill and the Ings deal not going through till the last minute.

You said number nine, he's not one at all, not even close to it.  At no point did I think we were signing him to play ahead of Firmino, nor did I even see many that did think it.

Agreed that we clearly spent the money earmarked for him on Allison, which was well spent anyway.

I’ll take the point, but we scored two goals. TWO FUCKING GOALS, and if that goal had of stood, the game would have unfolded very differently, because under pressure to get level for a longer period of time, the holes in their defense would have expanded, and we’d have exploited that.

we can moan about midfield again, and possibly Becker not quite getting it right for their goal (some will disagree) but I thought our lads were well committed and generally of a good standard of play.

Shaq’s addition nearly gave Sadio a gem of a goal, and I wish it had gone in because Kloppo still isn’t starting the Shaq and he needs convincing, based on Fab and Gini’s performance. Hopefully we’ll see a rare City slip up later. 

we go again.

You're playing away at a top side you're not just going to roll them over, how many shite sides have we had over the last 20 odd years yet I can't think of any top side who has turned up at Anfield and battered us. 

Arsenal have won 12 out of 13 matches and at home and are against one of the top sides in the country so they're going to make it tough. 

Tonight was a good result especially as wea ain't flying........Yet 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

You said number nine, he's not one at all, not even close to it.  At no point did I think we were signing him to play ahead of Firmino, nor did I even see many that did think it.

Agreed that we clearly spent the money earmarked for him on Allison, which was well spent anyway.

I wasn’t saying fekir would be bought as a number 9 to play in front of Firmino, more that klopp knew our midfield was limited and was bringing 3 new players of quality to upgrade our 3 midfield positions. 

I wanted us to bring in a quality no9 to be able to bring on and be effective and put pressure on firmino as his form can drop off a cliff when he struggles. Was hoping Sturridge would have replaced him with 20 to go but klopp seems to have lost all faith in him lately.