You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Oct 20-26 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Oct 20:

Huddersfield 0 L 1 That was brutal. Really, really bad. The kind of performance that in the past would almost always have seen us drop points. I mean go back and look at every season for the last twenty odd years, and you'll invariably see us dropping points to a relegated side thanks to a performance like this. And make no mistake, Huddersfield will be relegated. 

And yet we won. Imagine how pissed off Man City must be right now. Sweeping aside everyone they play, and then having to watch us playing miles below our best but still churning out the wins and matching them stride for stride. Has to be a little demoralising.

We've got to get better though as this isn't sustainable. When I say 'we' I basically mean the forwards. Everyone else is doing fine, although I feel as though the midfield could do a bit of help creatively and Shaqiri needs to play all the time now.

The front three though, fucking hell. Some of what we saw from Salah and Firmino late in this game when we had chances to kill them on the break was just astonishingly shit. It's hard to believe players who are that good can do things that shit. Still, ultimately we got away with it so it doesn't matter.

We need them to hit their stride again soon though, that's for sure. 

Also today, how funny was that Chelsea / United game! The result was ideal, especially the way it ended with United conceding in stoppage time. The main story though was Sarri's assistant giving it the beans to Mourinho, and Jose jumping up and trying to chase him down the tunnel.

Can't help wondering just what he would have done if he'd caught him. I mean, you know that Mourinho can't actually fight, and he's fucking tiny. He owes those stewards a big debt of thanks as the Italian fella would surely have battered him.

The whole thing was great though. Sarri once again showed himself to be a decent fella too with the way he handled the whole thing. I don't want to like him, but it's hard not to at this point.

Sunday Oct 21:

Some wild goings on between Arsenal Fan TV and the United Stand today. Mark Goldbridge, who for me is the current king of the internet, has been needling that DT hothead all week ahead of a ‘friendly’ match between the two fan channels, and all hell broke loose today when they played.

DT was sent off along with a couple of other of the Arsenal lads and the game was abandoned because they didn’t have enough players. Goldbridge kept his cool, but has since been running his mouth saying “they wanted a bit of Keane versus Vieira and I gave it to them”.

That DT has completely lost his shit about the whole thing and has been hurling all sorts of abuse at Goldbridge on twitter, while Goldbridge has taken the moral high ground while continuing to wind him right up. He’s got him on a string right now and the whole thing is hilarious.

I expect in time the whole Goldbridge thing will become tiresome, but at the moment I can’t get enough of the fella, he’s comedy gold.

This is only a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

Because Arsenal have been racking up the wins recently, AFTV has been completely off the radar. We need to sort them out next week so their fans return to meltdown mode and give it the beans on AFTV.

As for Sunderland, do they still have a stadium full of badly faded seats? Do they still have fans taking a shit in the stands? Do they still have slapdick ex-Mancs lining up in their back four?

Quite right about the donations as a percentage of income Dave. I've been on about that for donkeys years and you're right to call them out. The answer is simple; make a sizeable donation anonymously. Same big deal can be made of it, but no personal glory. How hard can that be? There's nothing glorious about being a benefactor if you're doing it to be Billy Big Bollocks. It's great like, whoopydo, but - as you say - in no way is it greater than someone on the bones of their arse giving a tenner. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
8 hours ago, Trumo said:

Because Arsenal have been racking up the wins recently, AFTV has been completely off the radar. We need to sort them out next week so their fans return to meltdown mode and give it the beans on AFTV.

As for Sunderland, do they still have a stadium full of badly faded seats? Do they still have fans taking a shit in the stands? Do they still have slapdick ex-Mancs lining up in their back four?

Yeah I haven't watched AFTV all season. I did see a video from Claude laying into DT though, there's some bad blud there.

As for your Sunderland questions, I'd say 1) probably, 2) definitely, 3) not any more. 

21 hours ago, dave u said:

Any time I've mentioned the u23s he's the one I usually single out. He's my boy, deal with it.

Not got the slightest problem with it. Just didn’t know he’d “made the grade”. To be fair, neither do you half the time, you’ve got that many boys. 

(One for Roger, there). 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Paul said:

Not got the slightest problem with it. Just didn’t know he’d “made the grade”. To be fair, neither do you half the time, you’ve got that many boys. 

(One for Roger, there). 

Yeah life was a lot more straightforward when it was just me and Jason Puncheon.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 6:44 PM, Paul said:

(One for Roger, there). 

I only get one? How cum? 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic