You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Souness (Poll)

Bjornebye

Should Souness be forgiven?   

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should Souness be forgiven?

• Yes. Great player for us and made a mistake that he clearly regrets.
    • No. Great player for us but overstepped the mark and it is unforgivable.

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair to him he pretty  much has said that. 

If you mean from that mnf stuff, I don't think that's enough. It's one thing to regret what you did, which is what he says there, it's another to admit you were wrong and apologise. It's the latter I'd be looking for and I don't think he's ever done that - but I would be happy to be wrong about that.

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

If you mean from that mnf stuff, I don't think that's enough. It's one thing to regret what you did, which is what he says there, it's another to admit you were wrong and apologise. It's the latter I'd be looking for and I don't think he's ever done that - but I would be happy to be wrong about that.

It wouldn't matter to me even if he did. He should have at least publicly apologised straight away,within hours or days,but he didn't. And I simply can't accept the fact that a Liverpool manager was not aware of the situation,utter bollocks. Great player,cunt of a person.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It wouldn't matter to me even if he did. He should have at least publicly apologised straight away,within hours or days,but he didn't. And I simply can't accept the fact that a Liverpool manager was not aware of the situation,utter bollocks. Great player,cunt of a person.

As I said in my original post, I can get an idea his head was up his arse and he just fucked up. I don't believe he didn't know and that's what he needs to apologise for. For me he needs to say my head was up my arse, I wasn't thinking straight, I made a poor decision and compounded it by making a poor excuse as a felt I needed to defend myself, but it's all something I regret and I am sorry for. If he says that, it's ok with me and time to move on.