You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Star Belgrade (24/10) Champions League

Bjornebye

Allison, TAA, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robbo, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Salah, Firmino, Mane

I'd like to see Fabinho start this one. He looked hungry when he came on against Huddersfield. Important to get a big win in this, 7 nil would do. 

I have to say, I love the name 'Red Star Belgrade'. Fuck Crvena Zvezda.  

They got absolutely snotted in Paris in their last game. On paper, we have what it takes to marmalise them the way we did the likes of Spartak and Maribor last season. Just need to remain as generally solid as we have been, but much more creative and ruthless in the final third.

• Upvote 1

I'm not one to harbour a grudge but we owe them one for knocking us out in 73.

My brother who went to the game said at the time they were the best foreign side he'd seen at Anfield and that included Ajax.

Still think Clem should have saved the second one

13 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I'm not one to harbour a grudge but we owe them one for knocking us out in 73.

My brother who went to the game said at the time they were the best foreign side he'd seen at Anfield and that included Ajax.

Still think Clem should have saved the second one

I think that was the game that confirmed in Shank's mind that he'd taken the team as far as he could. We finished runners-up in the league behind Leeds, and beat Newcastle to win the FA Cup. The guy that replaced him didn't do too badly.

I saw 10 minutes of their game against Paris and they were laughably bad but I also saw one their executives is being investigated for betting millions on them to lose by 5 goals or more so that might explain it.

We need to win these two games with them pretty badly and this could be a chance to get some players back into form.  I'd go with:

Alisson, Trent, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Firmino, Salah

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Trumo said:

I think that was the game that confirmed in Shank's mind that he'd taken the team as far as he could. We finished runners-up in the league behind Leeds, and beat Newcastle to win the FA Cup. The guy that replaced him didn't do too badly.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-red-star-belgrade-helped-15310189

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It’s been a strange start to the season on here. An infuriating 2-1 defeat tonight with the Henderson, Lovren and Alisson threads bumped might be exactly what we need to get back to our bickering best. 

Fingers crossed. I’d defo watch the highlights tomorrow morning whilst eating my Coco Pops.

• Upvote 2