You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Film Draft - Take 2

LF:D

2 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Confirmed:

Lee909

Elite

Trumo

Strontium Dog

Babb'sBurstNad

Rushies tash

Sugar Ape

DimReaper

Tony Moanero

I'm going to lock in the following categories:

One Black & White

One 80s

One 90s

One 00s

One 2010- present

One animated

One pre 80s

One Foreign speaking film

I think I'd lean on no for the remake one for now.  Not because Ape is right, but more importantly I want him to play.

He is correct that if people will try to bend the rules, they will - so vagueness should be avoided.

I don't think we want more than 10 categories do we?  

4 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Confirmed:

Lee909

Elite

Trumo

Strontium Dog

Babb'sBurstNad

Rushies tash

Sugar Ape

DimReaper

Tony Moanero

I'm going to lock in the following categories:

One Black & White

One 80s

One 90s

One 00s

One 2010- present

One animated

One pre 80s

One Foreign speaking film

I think I'd lean on no for the remake one for now.  Not because Ape is right, but more importantly I want him to play.

He is correct that if people will try to bend the rules, they will - so vagueness should be avoided.

I don't think we want more than 10 categories do we?  

One guilty pleasure, as well, please.

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

If it's feasible (will be tough finding anything decent under 5) that's an excellent idea. 

Trying to see on their site how your can do it.

You can find lowest 100 rated, but not sure how you search looking for all films under 5.0.

I'm sure there is probably a way though.  Might be too much effort however.

7 minutes ago, LF:D said:

Trying to see on their site how your can do it.

You can find lowest 100 rated, but not sure how you search looking for all films under 5.0.

I'm sure there is probably a way though.  Might be too much effort however.

Advanced Search lets you look for films with a range of scores.

I searched for a few maligned mainstream films and they had scores of 5.2 or 5.3, which leads me to think that 5.0 might be a bit too restrictive. But if the boundary was raised to 5.5, that should give people enough choice.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Advanced Search lets you look for films with a range of scores.

I searched for a few maligned mainstream films and they had scores of 5.2 or 5.3, which leads me to think that 5.0 might be a bit too restrictive. But if the boundary was raised to 5.5, that should give people enough choice.

There are 127,000 films on there rated 5.5 or below.

This seems way too much effort. 

What does everyone think?

1 minute ago, LF:D said:

There are 127,000 films on there rated 5.5 or below.

This seems way too much effort. 

What does everyone think?

It default orders them by popularity, so it shouldn't be too difficult to pick one from the list that you've actually seen and enjoyed.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=feature&user_rating=1.0,5.5&languages=en&view=simple&count=100

14 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I reckon keep the first draft with broad categories. We can always do another that's more complex, but this should give us an indication of what films people have seen / prefer.

Yeah I think we'll do the 8 mentioned above & two wildcards where you can have any film.

If people are having so much fun, then we can always extend the wildcards to 3 or 4 as we go on.

Got 10 players so far.  Had 14 interested last time, pretty sure Stig will play which will take it to 11 - but I'll wait longer to give more people a chance to see this.

The more the merrier.