You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Film Draft - Take 2

LF:D

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

Having a quick look at the lists in the context of what films I've seen - I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I haven't seen any of the films on Rushies list. That's right, at time of writing, I've never even seen The Godfather. You'd be right if you're now thinking, "What place does this idiot have participating in a film draft".

Don't know how big your tv is, but they've remastered Baraka in 8k. That and Hero I suggest you watch on the biggest high resolution screen you can. It's a Wonderful Life will be on at Christmas. Watch that with a mulled wine and I guarantee you'll have "something in your eye" at the end.

45 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yes, Turbo. A modern classic.

(That was the film I was debating whether to go for. Watched it again the other day. Class film)

Not F1-themed though. I was in two minds as to whether to go for Senna because as excellent as it is, it's a documentary rather than a film. And it got nabbed before my turn anyway.

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

Having a quick look at the lists in the context of what films I've seen - I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I haven't seen any of the films on Rushies list. That's right, at time of writing, I've never even seen The Godfather. You'd be right if you're now thinking, "What place does this idiot have participating in a film draft".

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. Never watched any of the Godfather films or Scarface, just never felt the urge to. 

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Don't know how big your tv is, but they've remastered Baraka in 8k. That and Hero I suggest you watch on the biggest high resolution screen you can. It's a Wonderful Life will be on at Christmas. Watch that with a mulled wine and I guarantee you'll have "something in your eye" at the end.

I've had IAWL on my Sky planner for about 7 years, I think. Nearly watched it several times.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, LF:D said:

A guilty pleasure of mine that film.

Guilty of what???? Its a fucking belter! The end makes me cry a bit, only because I used to watch it with me man when I was a kid and she left when I was 12 (Only moved the other side of town like) and when we were young Kevin reminded me of my little brother. I don't mind admitting to crying at the odd film but its normally only ever nostalgic tears. Home Alone and ET get me everytime.