You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Film Draft - Take 2

LF:D

This has reminded me that one of the things i always wanted to do was(money no object) open a small cinema that just showed loads of old classic type movies. All nighters just showing the Man with no name trilogy etc. 

Luckily there is the Prince Charles Cinema in london. I will have to start going to that as they do loads of them screenings and with me working nights now it would be worth heading over to the marathon screenings on weekends off

• Upvote 1

Just wondering, don't you usually use 11 picks for these things.  Is an odd number a more even way of doing things?  I don't think the current way disadvantages me at all, just not sure whether it should work it's way down the line to finish.

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

This has reminded me that one of the things i always wanted to do was(money no object) open a small cinema that just showed loads of old classic type movies. All nighters just showing the Man with no name trilogy etc.  

Luckily there is the Prince Charles Cinema in london. I will have to start going to that as they do loads of them screenings and with me working nights now it would be worth heading over to the marathon screenings on weekends off 

Don't think I could stick the marathons, but it's an ace cinema and got to appreciate the classic viewings.  Was meant to be going in to watch Suspiria next weekend, but not happening now it seems.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Don't think I could stick the marathons, but it's an ace cinema and got to appreciate the classic viewings.  Was meant to be going in to watch Suspiria next weekend, but not happening now it seems.

Not been to see a fillm there

I was supposed to go see a Stallone night a few years back but something came up and i couldn't go. With everything that has happened in life since not really thought much about it till doing this.

Stronts, you took the one film from this decade I was banking on picking myself! For me, it's been the hardest decade to pick because while there have been a number of brilliant films, there are loads of good films that are just part of a series where you could almost pick any one of them. And there are loads which are brilliant technically and visually but still don't wow you.