Quantcast
All time Prem 11 - 442 - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

All time Prem 11 - 442

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Need Code to name 10 right backs better than Walker.

To be honest, there have probably been about 30.

Markus Babbel was probably my personal favourite RB. A great defender, decent going forward and very good in the air. For obvious reasons I feel it’d be unfair to pick him over other RBs.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Markus Babbel was probably my personal favourite RB. A great defender, decent going forward and very good in the air. For obvious reasons I feel it’d be unfair to pick him over other RBs.

Well, if you ignore our right backs that were better than Walker in Jones, Babbel, Arbeloa, and Finnan, you still could have picked Dixon, Neville, Ivanovic, Lauren, Sagna, Azpliliecueta, Zabaleta, or Kelly. Probably a good 10 or 15 others as well.

Walker would be especially fucked in a 4-4-2.

Just now, Hades said:

Seaman

Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Beckham Lampard Barry Gerrard

Shearer Kane

Because only the left would virtue signal by picking pesky foreigners over native proletariat, I’m guessing?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Because only the left would virtue signal by picking pesky foreigners over native proletariat, I’m guessing?

Most of the English players have been bang average. We should go by peak performance rather than longevity.

6 minutes ago, Hades said:

Most of the English players have been bang average. We should go by peak performance rather than longevity.

I like Kane, but how is his peak better than Suarez’s or Henry’s for example?

23 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Well, if you ignore our right backs that were better than Walker in Jones, Babbel, Arbeloa, and Finnan, you still could have picked Dixon, Neville, Ivanovic, Lauren, Sagna, Azpliliecueta, Zabaleta, or Kelly. Probably a good 10 or 15 others as well.

Walker would be especially fucked in a 4-4-2.

Rubbish.

33 minutes ago, Hades said:

Seaman

Neville Ferdinand Terry Cole

Beckham Lampard Barry Gerrard

Shearer Kane

He's gone full. Ardja

Berbatov           Balotelli

Nasri       Anderson           Diarra             Ben Arfa

Assou-Ekotto    Sakho        David Luiz      Walker

Almunia

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Berbatov           Balotelli

Nasri       Anderson           Diarra             Ben Arfa

Assou-Ekotto    Sakho        David Luiz      Walker

Almunia

Fucked up adding Berbatov, he was absolute kwality.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Hades said:

Fucked up adding Berbatov, he was absolute kwality.

Those are mostly all players I like(d). Berbatov, Nasri and of course Ben Arfa especially. I have a fetish for lazy but freakishly talented luxury players. 

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

There's also:

Boswinga, Sagna, O`Shea, Neville, Brown, Arbeloa, Belletti, Pantsil, Corluka, Steinsson

Cheers, Code.

Forgot about Belletti and Corluka. They actually were better right backs than Walker.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Well, if you ignore our right backs that were better than Walker in Jones, Babbel, Arbeloa, and Finnan, you still could have picked Dixon, Neville, Ivanovic, Lauren, Sagna, Azpliliecueta, Zabaleta, or Kelly.

So disappointed that you misspelled Azpilicueta, always thought you were better than this. Andalusian prick.

1 hour ago, SasaS said:

So disappointed that you misspelled Azpilicueta, always thought you were better than this. Andalusian prick.

I copied and paste from Lee's post. You will see the order is exactly the same.

Mind you, fuck the Basque cunt.

Irrintzi!

Perdona me, I was reading from the last post and was so shocked that my eyes instantly filled with tears and I couldn't go any further to check properly.

Lots of arguments for Viera/Scholes to be included alongside Gerrard but for me it has to be Keane. Imagine a midfield with him and Gerrard. Fucking hell. 

Suarez was amazing but Shearer has to be in alongside Henry. I preferred Fowler in his prime to Shearer but Shearer was consistent. An absolute monster of a number 9. 

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Lots of arguments for Viera/Scholes to be included alongside Gerrard but for me it has to be Keane. Imagine a midfield with him and Gerrard. Fucking hell. 

Suarez was amazing but Shearer has to be in alongside Henry. I preferred Fowler in his prime to Shearer but Shearer was consistent. An absolute monster of a number 9. 

Vieira was a far better footballer than Keane, and was better at winning his own ball than Scholes.

Also why does Shearer *have* to be in it? At no point in his career was he ever close to being as good as Suarez in his last two years.

19 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Vieira was a far better footballer than Keane, and was better at winning his own ball than Scholes.

Also why does Shearer *have* to be in it? At no point in his career was he ever close to being as good as Suarez in his last two years.

Wanna fight? 

Walker is very good. Had a transformative effect on City (see: impact of Ederson plus FBs on Guardiola 2nd season vs first). Very good at Spurs too. Probably most like the Ashley Cole of the right-side than any other English RBs. The type of completely athletic full back I hoped Clyne may turn into. Needs to produce for City over the next 3-4 seasons to be in this type of discussion though. More than one League title needed.

ps I see David Luiz is jokingly added above — he is one for the under rated section. When he is concentrated on his football (which, as with many Brazilians of his ilk, can be fleeting) he is a superb defender, mixing brawn with great ability on the ball. It’s no coincidence that Chelsea’s “on” seasons often coincide with a lengthy run for him in the team, and their decline seasons align with him out through various ‘maladies’.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Walker is very good. Had a transformative effect on City (see: impact of Ederson plus FBs on Guardiola 2nd season vs first). Very good at Spurs too. Probably most like the Ashley Cole of the right-side than any other English RBs. The type of completely athletic full back I hoped Clyne may turn into. Needs to produce for City over the next 3-4 seasons to be in this type of discussion though. More than one League title needed.

ps I see David Luiz is jokingly added above — he is one for the under rated section. When he is concentrated on his football (which, as with many Brazilians of his ilk, can be fleeting) he is a superb defender, mixing brawn with great ability on the ball. It’s no coincidence that Chelsea’s “on” seasons often coincide with a lengthy run for him in the team, and their decline seasons align with him out through various ‘maladies’.

Gary Neville summed him up perfectly calling him playstation defender. He does some good stuff but you can't trust him at all. He was part of a defence that conceded 7 goals in a world cup semi final in his own country ffs

Walker isn’t really a right back.  It’s just the way the games gone that top teams can get away with playing him there.  He’s got better at defending over the years but he’s still relatively shite at it and that’s comparing him to the full backs in the league now never mind the best the league has had to offer.

I think Shearer’s twilight years have tainted people’s memories of him.  The fella was a goal machine and one of the worlds best at his peak.  Suarez’s last season was probably better than anything Shearer produced because he was doing ridiculous things and was a better dribbler so it tends to stand out more.  Shearer’s best wasn’t that far away though and he was far more consistent.