You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All time Prem 11 - 442

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

So many good and great players and no end of combinations are worthy of debate  but imo there are four that  are unquestionable, Schmeical, Gerrard, Shearer and Henry, they are the four greatest PL players.

Shearer is questionable IMO. He was never at any point as good as Suarez in his last two seasons with us.

31 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

And I don’t know how old you are ( I was suspicious of your De Gea nonsense) but never underestimate how good Shearer was, he was a fucking beast and in his Blackburn days was every bit as devastating as Suarez

34, so I saw a bit of Shearer.

The couple seasons around the title year Shearer was dominant in England. Not necessarily when the league was at its strongest.

And never played for a club that even had a sniff of competing outside of England. He did have the good tournament during that stretch but I dont think he would have walked into the top team in the world the way Suarez did. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2018 at 9:54 AM, 3 Stacks said:

Berbatov           Balotelli

Nasri       Anderson           Diarra             Ben Arfa

Assou-Ekotto    Sakho        David Luiz      Walker

Almunia

In all seriousness and only of the players I've seen at their best:

van Persie              Suarez

Bale             Kante                          Yaya                  Ronaldo

Cole             Ferdinand                      Vidic                Ivanovic

De Gea

van Persie to me was the opposing player I was most worried about for some reason. Also, Ronaldo left before I really started watching but he's obviously better than anyone else. 

44 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Shearer was insane, red lights and alarm bells whenever the ball came anywhere near him, I really dunno what else to tell you.

You don´t need to tell me anything.

I watched him play. He was excellent. But the era, the formation, the style of play, etc, etc, dictates for me that other players, in another system, would be better.

Suarez and Henry, for example, would be capable of playing football on a completely different level to Shearer.

39 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In all seriousness and only of the players I've seen at their best:

van Persie              Suarez

Bale             Kante                          Yaya                  Ronaldo

Cole             Ferdinand                      Vidic                Ivanovic

De Gea

van Persie to me was the opposing player I was most worried about for some reason. Also, Ronaldo left before I really started watching but he's obviously better than anyone else. 

Gerrard’s younger than Ferdinand you troll... and a much better midfielder at his best than Kante and Yaya.

An 11 of the best players who have played in the Prem does not include Shearer - much less RVP.

I picked my side based on that -- lets face it Gullit was a far better midfielder than anyone bar Gerrard that has played in the league - not that he was at his best during that time.

If it is based on career achievements in England then of course players who stuck around their whole career might get in. 

45 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Gerrard’s younger than Ferdinand you troll... and a much better midfielder at his best than Kante and Yaya.

Gerrard was never at the level of Yaya and Kante from 2010 on, which is when I started watching regularly. Those two were extremely dominant players on two title winners. And Ferdinand was still a top CB until the year he left United, which was in 2014. Not even remotely a troll. 

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

An 11 of the best players who have played in the Prem does not include Shearer - much less RVP.

It might if you only do a 2010 to present, which is what I'm doing as it's when I truly started watching football. Besides Suarez, RVP was the most complete striker in the league. 

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I picked my side based on that -- lets face it Gullit was a far better midfielder than anyone bar Gerrard that has played in the league - not that he was at his best during that time.

If it is based on career achievements in England then of course players who stuck around their whole career might get in. 

Peak form in the PL for me.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Gerrard was never at the level of Yaya and Kante from 2010 on, which is when I started watching regularly. Those two were extremely dominant players on two title winners. And Ferdinand was still a top CB until the year he left United, which was in 2014. Not even remotely a troll. 

Why have I been negged for this? VD and Tony, if you believe that 2010-2014 Gerrard was better than Kante was for Leicester and Chelsea and Yaya for City during that time, you're out of your minds. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I’m astonished I bother reading anything to be honest. Enlighten me, you never saw Ronaldo play in the PL, so why is he in your team, i may be wrong and misunderstood?

My lad is 24.

Because while I never saw much of Ronaldo in the Premier League, I've seen plenty of him elsewhere to know he is far better than anyone else at the right midfield position. And his goal and trophy tally at United obviously speak for themselves. 

That's nice. I hope he is carving out his path as I am also trying to do. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Because while I never saw much of Ronaldo in the Premier League, I've seen plenty of him elsewhere to know he is far better than anyone else at the right midfield position. And his goal and trophy tally at United obviously speaks for itself. 

That's nice. I hope he is carving out his path as I am trying to do. 

Fair enough. He’s doing ok as I hope you are.