You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All time Prem 11 - 442

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

De Gea

Ferdinand

Vidic

Walker

Cole 

Vieira

Scholes

Gerrard

Ronaldo

Henry

Suarez

Can’t really think of a better right back than Walker at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll change my mind in the next couple of hours or so.

Better RBs than Walkers

Well here's three that could actually defend

Neville, Dixon and Rob Jones 

Schmeichel the best keeper too

And noway Suarez having 2 great years surpasses Shearer

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Better RBs than Walkers

Well here's three that could actually defend

Neville, Dixon and Rob Jones 

Schmeichel the best keeper too

And noway Suarez having 2 great years surpasses Shearer

Suarez was the best no 9 in the world for those two years. Shearer never reached those heights in husband career IMO. 

Walker is a more complete full back than Neville IMO. 

Yeah Schmeichel is a good shout.

Suarez vs. Shearer is the old debate of peak vs. overall career.

If you want "overall career," and you're only picking based on PL performances, well, it has to be Shearer. If you want who was better at his peak, it's easily Suarez, who for that two-year period dominated the league in a way that's rarely ever been seen. From about October 2013 to May 2014 you can make an argument he reached Messi-level of dominance. Never seen another player in the Premier League you could say that about.

If it has to be 442.

---------------------------Schmeichel

Neville----------Ferdinand-----Stam-------A. Cole

Ronaldo-------Gerrard--------Vieira-------Giggs

-----------------------Suarez--------Henry

Prime Suarez and Henry were better than prime Shearer.

11 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Suarez vs. Shearer is the old debate of peak vs. overall career.

If you want "overall career," and you're only picking based on PL performances, well, it has to be Shearer. If you want who was better at his peak, it's easily Suarez, who for that two-year period dominated the league in a way that's rarely ever been seen. From about October 2013 to May 2014 you can make an argument he reached Messi-level of dominance. Never seen another player in the Premier League you could say that about.

Henry ?

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

If it has to be 442.

---------------------------Schmeichel

Neville----------Ferdinand-----Stam-------A. Cole

Ronaldo-------Gerrard--------Vieira-------Giggs

-----------------------Suarez--------Henry

Prime Suarez and Henry were better than prime Shearer.

Scholes was better than Giggs IMO.

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

De Gea

Ferdinand

Vidic

Walker

Cole 

Vieira

Scholes

Gerrard

Ronaldo

Henry

Suarez

Can’t really think of a better right back than Walker at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll change my mind in the next couple of hours or so.

Ah bloody hell Ardja....If you cant think of a better RB than Walker then I will light a candle for you!

Let me see...off top of head Dixon, Neville, Ivanovic, Lauren, Sagna, probably Azpliliecueta also...

Keane best midfielder, Berkamp closest I have seen to Dalglish... a personal favourite for me at the back was Carvallho...bailed the great JT out many a time! Schmeichel no brainer. 

I hate these and normally wouldn't post, but the Walker thing got to me! You are moving further and further away from your lady glove return!

36 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Ah bloody hell Ardja....If you cant think of a better RB than Walker then I will light a candle for you!

Let me see...off top of head Dixon, Neville, Ivanovic, Lauren, Sagna, probably Azpliliecueta also...

Keane best midfielder, Berkamp closest I have seen to Dalglish... a personal favourite for me at the back was Carvallho...bailed the great JT out many a time! Schmeichel no brainer. 

I hate these and normally wouldn't post, but the Walker thing got to me! You are moving further and further away from your lady glove return!

Put your team up then! Neville was an average player IMO. He was solid with a decent cross. Azpilicueta probably could’ve made it... he’s better defensively and okay going forward.

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Put your team up then! Neville was an average player IMO. He was solid with a decent cross. Azpilicueta probably could’ve made it... he’s better defensively and okay going forward.

Yes, but he was better than that flunk Walker! Irwin, played occasionally on the right was better than them all. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Shearer was an animal of a striker and has to be included. Brilliant footballer, born winner. Would have been great for us at any stage in his career.  aRdja clearly on a wind-up with Walker. He's lucky to get into the current Manchester City team.

They spent close to £50m for him. Who would they play there instead? Happy to replace him with Azpi, but not Gary Neville or Ivanovic, as they’re both decent defenders but limited footballers.